CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 15, 2009

Birthday Branson Trip! [Day II]

This picture is me, obviously. More specifically, it is me driving into Branson. With Kate. By ourselves. wOOt wOOt! Haha. :]

It is a 45 minute drive from Taneyville, where my grandparents live, to Branson. 30 if you manage to not hit any traffic.... i.e., someone determined to go 35 mph the whole way to Hollister. The drive is pretty simple. There's a turn at the Taneyville/Forsyth junction, and a turn at the Hollister city limits. But its sooooooooooo pretty! I love Ozark back roads. Tulsa roads are boring, slow, dirty, and ugly compared to the Ozark back roads.

But anyway. We had some fun drive time on the way to Branson! Blasting chick music, Twilight music, Paramore, Imogen Heap, Panic at the Disco, some random folk music [Kate had control of the iPod - haha], a White Stripes song, and some others. Kate and I are both pretty embarassed about our singing voices, so we don't mind belting it out in front of each other. haha. I mean, I don't sing in front of my friends who can sing well, normally. Unless I'm roped into teen talent choir. WHY they want me singing in a choir is beyond me, but I digress. Again.

We went straight to the Landing. Finding a parking space was horrible, but at least I was driving Tibby [My mazda tribute has a name. Tribute.. Tibby.. get it? So I name lots of inanimate objects. My computer's name is Gerty. Short for Gertrude. Whatever.] The weather was PERFECT! And I got a twitter direct message from Jason, but I had no idea how to send a direct message back from my phone, so I didn't respond. Sorry! haha. And no internet connection until we got back home on Sunday.

Kate was still doing the Gossip Girl thing. haha. And we found the BEST. STORE. EVER. Bath Junkie. I'm in love now. haha. I made my own scent. Amber and Sandalwood. I bought exfoliating scrub, lotion, and conditioner that all smelled like Amber and Sandalwood. And my mom got exfoliating scrub and lotion that smelled like Pink Grapefruit, Honeysuckle, and Sweet Pea for mother's day. I got my Grandma Low [mom's mom] lotion that smelled like Oatmeal, Milk & Honey and Sweet Rain. Kate got lotion & conditioner in.... Rose and Sandalwood? Or Amber and Rose? Augh. Don't remember.

But anyways... .it was the BEST STORE EVER. Kate and I were in there for a good hour mixing up scents and stuffs. haha. When a birthday party of 14 year old girls came in wearing slutty prom dresses, we went to eat at Famous Daves [LOVE that place! Best chicken ever. Well, the one at the Landing has the best chicken ever. The Famous Daves in Tulsa doesn't taste as good.]. Then we went to Victoria's Secret. Love their sales. And then we went into Yankee Candle Co. They have a new scent... forgot what it was called, but I loved it. We went into a few other stores to look around, but we aren't rich so we saved our money for Bath Junkie. haha.

Then we went back to Bath Junkie to make our purchases. :] It was fun watching them mix all the stuffs up and then adding colors to it all. haha. We walked around a little bit after that. Went into the 5 & Dime store, it sprinkled some rain, but not too much, and then we had a fun little time trudging back to Tibby in the parking lot.. .all the way at the back of the parking lot. haha.

We drove up 76 to Wal-Mart to buy mother's day cards. That was fun. And some facewash that we both ran out of. Then we went back to my grandparents' place to get ready for the Haygoods. :]

Tina

2 pretty notes:

Megan Renee said...

Sounds like a great trip! I love love love love!!! Bath Junkie! hehe! They people in there are really nice and fun to sit and talk with if they're not busy.I'm glad you had such a good time and got a chance to see Dom. :) Good to hear he is up and around. Love ya girl! ttyl!

Tina said...

Heehee. They were very nice! :)
And very helpful. I think they were amused with how long Kate & I entertained ourselves with their scents and stuff.