CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 15, 2009

Summer Camp Time!

Whoahh. This was a picture I took a long time ago. pre-Koda-surgery picture. Highly dorky. But oh well. Look how happy we are! haha. Anyways.
Summer Camp has started again! I took last summer off so none of you have heard about any of my summer camp woes yet. haha. Don't worry. I'm a senior counselor now. Have been for the past 3.5 years. I've already paid my dues. I've been around for 6 years. Now I get to teach the kids when they're on horseback instead of only having to walk alongside the horses, constantly getting sand kicked in my shoes, making sure the kids don't fall off, and enduring the constant, "Can I ride by myself now? .....how about NOW?" haha.
Although... when I was a "junior" counselor... we didn't really HAVE "Junior Counselors." We just knew our pecking order in accordance to who could ride the best, who knew the most, and who had been around the longest. And we also had to be AT LEAST 12-13 to be a counselor. Now Kim is letting girls as young as 8-10 year olds be junior counselors! Some of the CAMPERS are older than them! Gahh! They know their way around the barn so in some ways they are harder to handle than the campers! They're too short to tack up the tall horses, they're too short to WALK WITH the tall horses, and they're too small to be strong enough to trot/run alongside the majority of the horses.. tall or not.

But at least I have the most seniority now! haha! :D
It also helps that I've been teaching ORU for the past 2 years now. Kim knows I won't get anyone killed.
And I can play Red Light-Green Light on horseback with the campers to pass the time! Somehow I don't think that would go over as well with my college kids. haha.

Well.. I could type on and on and on with things I love and dislike about summer camp. But to wrap this up in a neat little package..
Summer camp has been where I've done my hardest work ever, made the BEST [and sometimes not-so-great] friendships, and learned the most about myself, other people, and of course horses.

Til next post.. God bless!
Tina

3 pretty notes:

Kate Hamman said...

I met you at summer camp! So it's something I hold very dear! <3 have fun with all the little evilys! ;)

Megan Renee said...

Have a great time at summer cmap girl! SOunds like a blast! I know my favorite time of the year is CYT Mudical Theatre camp.But I am too old this year. :(oh well. Thaqnk you for the prayers. I have been feelin them. :-)Things are becoming clearer. :) I am on vacation now. I love wi-fi! hehe. I will a blog about my decision as I can. Love you too! hugs!
Megan
P.S. I LOVE the eye candy! Thats hilarious! ;)

Tina said...

Kate: Yes! Summer camp brought us together! :]
At least... our injuries during summer camp did. hah.

Megan: I'll be waiting for that post!
And heehee... I saw that picture and I was like... EYE CANDY! :P