CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Memory Lane...

Sooo... I FINALLY got my skates sharpened! Oilers is MUCH faster at sharpening skates than Tulsa was. Haha. We actually sat there while the guy sharpened them after we just walked in! And it was seven bucks! Just seven bucks! I think Tulsa charged 12-15 or something like that. And that was a good several years ago.

Anyway... a hockey team was practicing and I had some major flashbacks to when I used to figure skate. That was two and a half years of my life... wow. And almost five years ago, too...

I remember walking around the rink to the ice box when I was taking lessons, and some guys were always trying to show off, doing the biggest hockey stops they could. Snow would come through the cracks in the wall as they practiced, trying to get a bigger spray. :P I was so proud of myself when I was finally strong enough to spray snow with my hockey stops. And I was a tiny lil' 11-12 year old girl. haha. I had some strong legs. Still do, but I looked like I was skin and bones, no matter how much I ate, so I guess my strength surprised even me... anyway.

I'LL HAVE EDGES WHEN I SKATE FRIDAY AT MY BIRTHDAY PARTY!!!!!!!! Rental skates always have such dull blades I couldn't cut myself even if I wanted to, and I've given up on trying to get on the edges, because there are none. But now, my skates will have edges!!!!! :P Yay. I'm excited. Oooooh. And now that I have edges, I can do hockey stops again. heehee. Funnn. Oh, and salchows again. And mohawks. And some semblance of a spin. And spirals! heehee.

I am waaay too happy about this. :P

So, until next post... God bless!

Tina

0 pretty notes: