CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 11, 2008

TWILIGHT

The best thing since Harry Potter. Ever. Not that anything could possibly compare to dear, dear Harry and Hogwarts, but Edward, Bella, Alice, Jasper, and the rest of the Cullens and werewolves come in a very, very close second. And I have dear, darling Kate to thank for my newest obsession. She lent me Twilight and New Moon when she came over for my birthday....... and I also got a very lovely hardback book of all of Jane Austen's novels....... I haven't started reading it yet! THAT is how much I love these books. I haven't checked out any of the books I got for my birthday yet.


Those can wait for a bit.


But the perfect predator and his girlfriend, the girl who is so klutzy she should be handicapped, cannot wait. For a day. For an hour.


Kate read the whole of Twilight OVER MY SHOULDER, during our sleepover. When everyone else went to bed [at 2:30 am] we started reading.... and we didn't stop until 6 am. Then I got an hour of sleep, she got no sleep [hey! Like Edward & Alice!] and we went to Starbucks at 8:30 am before going to the barn until 2:30 pm. We took Nikky home, went back to my house, and lay out on my bed, Kate still reading over my shoulder, until we finished the book.


6.5 hours.


We laughed at EXACTLY the same time, read aloud the SAME sentences at the SAME time... haha. It was great. My dad walked in on my room when we were on my bed, both reading from the same book after little [me] to no [Kate] sleep, because of the aforementioned book, and said, "You guys are wierd."

Thanks, dad. Thanks a lot.

But anyway... yes. Then I stayed up last night until 1:30 am!!!!!!! I finished the whole of New Moon in 7.5 hours. It took me one more hour to read New Moon because I was a bit disappointed in the lack of Edwardness, and I was fighting to stay awake. I got seven hours of sleep before having to go to church.


And what makes me laugh the most is that Jeff loves this series too! They are sooo girly [my favorite kind! :D] and he just loved Twilight. He beat me in starting Twilight, but I think I beat him in starting AND finishing New Moon. Not sure if I finished Twilight before him or not. haha. And he's coming with Kate and me to the midnight premire of Twilight. Definitely. Dunno how that's gonna go down, with Kate and I squealing like the utterly, hopeless romantic girls we are, and Jeff.... I dunno what he's going to do. haha. We shall have to see.


Oh, umm... sorry if I freaked anyone out. I might update later with how my birthday party went. [How sad is that? Twilight outshined my birthday weekend!] And Kate, I decided there were too many favorite quotes to put in this post, so yeah. 'Till next post, God bless!
Tina

2 pretty notes:

Megan Renee said...

Hey girl!SOundsliek a good book.One of my CYT friends was reading that.I may have to check it out.REad about your birthday and trust me..Being Sixteen is sweet,but 17 rocks.Not quite an adult with adult responsibility but still able to rock it out.:) hehe! But you didn't hear that from me!lol! Have a great day girl!

Brittany said...

I love, love, love those books!!