CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Arizona! [Days 3&4]

Days 3 & 4. Saturday & Sunday. The 6th & 7th of December.

On Saturday we traveled about an hour & a half [or two hours... can't remember] to Sonoma, Arizona. I took lots of gorgeous pictures. As usual, I was in the passenger seat as navigator. And I controlled the satellite radio so we listened to the blues. :) When we got to Sonoma we went to a guest center and the park lady told us about the different cool places we could go. So we went and saw a pretty mountain by a river. I know it sounds vague, but for the life of me I cannot remember what the name of the mountain was right now. You'll see pictures as soon as I upload them from my camera and my dad's camera.

Then we went to Bell mountain. GORGEOUS! I discover I rather like roundabouts instead of 4-way stops. They make u-turns especially easy. [We did NOT u-turn because of my navigation skills. We u-turned because my father IGNORED my navigation skills.] Then we climbed halfway up Bell mountain to see the "Chapel." Mom was disappointed it wasn't a real chapel. In reality, it was a huge cross constructed on the mountain with stone, and you could see it from Bell mountain. From as far away as we were, it looked like wood. Mom and I pased navajo women several time, and the third time we passed the same two women, we had to get a $20 from dad and we bought two neclaces from them. I like mine. It has a star on it. Mom got a purple cross.

The next day, Sunday, we switched hotels. We went to the hotel where my dad's conference was going to be. As soon as we checked in, we went to Old Town in Scottsdale, where we were staying. Basically a shopping center. For all my Branson-savvy readers... think Grand Village [the Christmas stores right by the Colonnade & the Spirit of the Dance place on the strip] only with an old western theme. And lots of jewelry stores. There was lots of navajo indian stuff, too. We bought a Mexican indian blanket from a Muslim woman. [Who thought my star neclace was the Star of David. We didn't know why she kept referring to Hanukkah until my dad pointed out to her that my neclace just had 5 points to the star, where as the Star of David has 6 points. I also bought the rest of my Christmas presents for my barn girls & just a few church girls, so I won't say what I got because Katie-poo reads this. ;) We found a Smoothie King [which I hadn't had in FOREVER!!!] so I got an Angel Food with a shot of energy... which the girl didn't make us pay for. [the shot of energy, not the whole drink.] Shopping makes me tired.

So then we went back to the hotel and watched the third & last installment in The Librarian trilogy. [With Noah Wiley.. love him! He's so cutely awkward as the Librarian. The first movie was the best, though. However, I LOVED the little side story about Judson.. hilarious! I love Judson. haha. The vampires were a little out there though...] Then I complained and agonized about not having ABC family - that meant I couldn't watch the rest of the HP weekend.

The next post will be much shorter... because while I was watching the Librarian movie, dad was in his first meeting of the week and mom slept. The rest of the week was just that exciting. haha.
Tina

0 pretty notes: