CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Top 10 Christmas Songs.

I got bored yesterday [when I should have been doing homework... but that's okay. I got a TON done yesterday. And I'll get a good amount done today too. I must admit, even though I get my stuff done, procrastination is one of my biggest struggles and flaws. At least I can admit it's a problem. After all... I DID join the facebook group that says, "Procrastinators Unite! ...Tomorrow." And one of my favorite Chuck Norris jokes is the one that says, "Chuck Norris can make procrastinators unite.... today." haha. Sorry. Again, I digress.

Top 10 Christmas Songs.
[I AGONIZED over this list. Because Christmas songs are the best songs in the world. Choosing only my favorite 10 was difficult. And that is an understatement!]

10. We Are Santa's Elves - Burl Ives [from Rudolph!]
9. God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen. - Anyone. Has always been a favorite. Though I do like Shawn's version. haha.
8. We Three Kings - the Haygoods. [LOVE it!]
7. Mary Did You Know - Dom & the rest of the gang. Chills!
6. This Christmas - Straight No Chaser
5. Run Run Rudolph - Chuck Berry
4. I'll Be Home For Christmas - Fats Domino
3. Baby Jesus is Born - Garth Brooks
2. Carol of the Bells - Anyone. Partial to boys choirs, awesome instrumentals, and Straight No Chaser's version.
1. Santa Claus is Coming to Town - Straight No Chaser

Ahh. I had to force myself not to change and/or rearrange about seven times. If I had more time I would have made a "Top 20" list. Or maybe 30? 40. 50 is just over the top.... or is it? I didn't list many of my favorite country Christmas songs [like George Strait's 'Christmas Cookies' or Brooks' 'Winter Wonderland.' And there's always more Haygood Christmas songs, and more Burl Ives, Mannheim Steamroller, Straight No Chaser, Reba, and so many other good songs. Oh, and the 'Redneck 12 Days of Christmas' by Larry the Cable Guy and Jeff Foxworthy. And the '12 Days of Christmas' by Straight No Chaser. You MUST go to youtube, and look up '12 Days of Christmas by Straight No Chaser.' Must.

At the risk of rambling further... God Bless! Until next post,
Tina

P.S. If you have ANY money to spare and would like to listen to the BEST Christmas CD you have ever heard.... buy Straight No Chaser's "Holiday Spirits."

0 pretty notes: