CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

What I'm Thankful For

I know Kate is going to love me for the picture. But, she is one of the things I am thankful for, and so is Twilight. [See "Team Edward" pin on Kate's jacket. ^_^]

Anyways... I'm going to copy what Kate did last year and make a list of everything I can think of that I am thankful for. Yes, I am a bit late. No, I do not care.
The List.


  • My family. [Mom, dad, extended family.]
  • Our house that keeps us warm/cool/dry. =] In Oklahoma weather, you never know what you'll need! Haha.
  • My horse, Dakota.
  • Kate, Jamie, Kimberly, Nikky, Abby. My barn girls. =]
  • Haley, Courtney, Tavia, Kayla. My church girls. =]
  • All the Kims, Tomiah, Megan, Natasha, Annette, Joanne, Rose, Brittany, Liza, Jason. All the Haygood fans. [Sorry if I missed you!]
  • The Haygoods. Tim, Pat, Dom, Shawn, Mike, Matt, Cat, Aaron. The fact that they bring so much joy and inspiration to everyone who loves them.
  • My health.
  • My job. [Feeding. Without it... dad wouldn't be too happy paying Dakota's board for too much longer and bye-bye Koda!]
  • My horseback riding skills. And Kim, for all the instructing, showing, yelling, frustration, knowledge, pain, excitement, and explanations that it took to mold said horseback riding skills.
  • My old, scary Russian figure skating power class instructor. He thickened my skin. Now Kim [and Jim Graham, whenever another miracle happens that lets me take Dakota to another of his clinics] can yell at me to her heart's content and I can improve myself instead of being hurt.
  • Music. I would die without music. Country, Jazz, Classical, Rock, 80's, Pop.
  • Jesus. The fact that he DIED for me. No one else has ever done that. [& I hope no one ever has to.] And for my relationship with him.
  • All my Keystone [homeschool] friends. That I talk to over AIM.
  • Technology. How did we ever get along without it?
  • The fact that the sun rises each day. The fact that the earth is in a perfect orbit space so we don't get burned up by the sun or frozen from the fact that we're too far away from it.
  • The stars. The universe. The fact that they practically shout with evidence for a creator.
  • Books. I would die without books.
  • Langston Huges. I love his poetry.
  • The History Channel. Yes, I'm a nerd.
  • I have a car. A nice one. A mazda tribute. Not many 17 year olds can say that.
  • Pokey. My Pokey little puppy. =] She's still alive after 13 years.
  • That I live where I do, in such a privledged part of the world.
  • For all the book series' that I have loved over the years. The Boxcar Children, The Princess Diaries, The Saddle Club, High Hurdles, Harry Potter, Twilight, The McKaslin Clan, The Gallagher Girls. For Jane Austen books.
  • For Clinton Anderson. The man is a natural horsemanship genius.
  • For the movie adaptations to my favorite books/book series'. For the screenwriters, actors, and directors who care enough to keep even a little bit of the books integrity.
  • For weddings. I love weddings. I'm going to be a wedding planner one day.
  • For my future husband. I've been praying for him. For a few years now. I actually haven't told that to many people. I wanna know who he is! :) ASAP, if possible. Thanks, God. =]
  • For all the amazingly fun times I've ever had with my friends. For all the laughs. The inside jokes. Even the tears. They've made me who I am today. Even though I'm still figuring out who I am, I know that my friends past and present have played a big role in that.
  • For large, fun, and/or old fashioned vocabulary words. Like ones that Jane Austen or Emily Bronte would use. Words like pertinent, discombobulate, whatsoever, and bibliobibuli. [Bibliobibuli refers to those who read too much.... that's probably me. :D haha.]
  • For fun grammar. Yes, I'm a HUGE nerd.
  • For fun accents. British [especially Liverpool!], Irish, Aussie, and the slow twang of real cowboys... not just idiot rednecks. :D
  • For real cowboys. The ropin', ridin', courteous, sweet, and chivalrous sort. Like Doug [Kim's husband, my farrier] or George Strait.
  • For dancers. I wish I could dance. I love to watch those who can dance, dance. Such as Shawn Haygood. :D
  • For glasses. I like to see, thank you very much. [Okay, it isn't that bad... everything is just a tad blurry.]
  • For being a blue-eyed brunette. I love blue eyes. Love them. Dad has them, I'm pretty sure both grandma's have them, Hugh Laurie has them. Blue eyes are awesome. I also like being a brunette. =] Its fun.
  • That I can walk in tall high heels and not kill myself. [Okay.. now the list is getting a little bit rediculous. But I'm having fun so who cares?]
  • That I can roll down Tibby's windows [my car. Its a Tribute, I named it Tibby.], blast my music, sing at the top of my lungs, and no one can laugh at my horrible singing abilities because they either can't hear me over the music, or no one is around. =]
  • For House, M.D. Now I know that it's never lupus. And to steer clear from Vicodin addicts if at all possible. Unless I need a mystery disease diagnosed.
  • For Kate & Grace expanding my music listening range. Now I'm constantly listening to Imogen Heap, Panic at the Disco, or Paramore. Possibly Muse. And for the fact that we can drive through Jenks in the middle of the night, singing along with D.H.T.'s Listen to Your Heart at the top of our lungs.
  • For girly, estrogen-filled songs such as D.H.T.'s Listen to Your Heart.
  • For insanely fun midnight release parties/movie showings.
  • For the fact that I inherited certain things from my dad's side of the family, certain things from my mom's, and the fact that I'm pretty sure I inherited the gene that makes you look about 5-10 years younger than you really are from my mom's side of the family. Even though it is annoying at the moment because people still think I'm 14 instead of 17.
  • For blogger. For the fact that I can ramble on blogger to my heart's content without annoying anyone because no one is FORCING you to read my blog. If anyone is still reading this list, by the way.... I love you.
  • For previously mentioned people that read my long-winded ramblings all the way through.
  • And then comment on them.
  • And for the fact that I think I've finally run out of things to say. For the moment. But I'll stop before I can think of anything else. Because I will.


  • hahaha.
    Happy Belated Thanksgiving!
    Tina
  • 0 pretty notes: