CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Arizona! [Recap of Days 1 & 2]

[I started writing this in AZ, so if the tenses change at some point, or I'm referring to not being home yet, that is why.] So... we're going to be back home tomorrow [yeahh! *cough*]. Right now, I'm sitting in a hotel room. A nice hotel room. If I were to walk outside in jeans and a t-shirt, I would be just fine. Just. fine. Back home... my grandma said it was sleeting & hailing. Yeah. Jeans and a t-shirt wouldn't work back home. But oh well. Enough of my complaining.

The first day was the travel day. But it was a good day. For once, I wasn't completely deaf when we landed after our second flight. We took off from Tulsa and had a connecting flight out of Dallas. We were in terminal... A I think it was. However, I'm quite partial to terminal... D, I think it is? D has the cool artwork sculpture thing that is huge and all the fun restaurants. A's only two redeeming factors are the Auntie Anne's and the Border's. So, I got my pretzel and went to Border's. By now you must know of my desire to become a wedding planner. So you know it is perfectly natural for me to pick up a Bridal magazine. [Ooh... before I picked up BRIDES, I saw this movie magazine... and the issue I bought was TWILIGHT! :D haha. Sorry. Moving on.] Anyway... when I went to buy my magazines, there was a man behind me on his phone. My BRIDES magazine was on top of the Twilight one. I had my back to this man the whole time. I almost burst out laughing when I hear him tell whoever he was talking to, "Yeah, and this gal in front of me is buying a wedding magazine too! Everyone is getting married lately!" haha. The major thing for me was... usually I get mistaken for a fifteen year old, not someone who is about to get married.

When we landed in Phoenix, we got to pick the rental car we wanted. Mom said, "How about the PT Cruiser?" I don't like PT Cruisers. Also, a creep that used to be stalking my best friend drove one, so that might have something to do with it. Then I saw the car next to it. It was a Charger. I thought it was purty, so we got that one. :) Then I sat in the passenger seat so I got to fiddle with the satellite radio, which was exciting, and read the directions off of mapquest so we could make the 30 minute drive to our hotel without any major issues. I think my parents are absolutely SICK of blues music now, which is what I automatically turn the satellite to when we get in the car. :) haha. Its just, they don't have any good country stations - its all pop country, prime country, or outlaw country. I'm picky about the music I drive to. And then their jazz stations are all elevator music... Anyway. Every chance I got, I turned it to blues. [When we got back home I went to the library and checked out some Blues CD's. ^_^ Know of any good blues artists? Recommend them!]

That night we ate at this AWESOME gourmet pizza place named Picazza's. We ended up going back three times while we were in AZ. Each time mom & I ate the Applewood Smoked Bacon & Chicken pizza. It was gooooood. And instead of tomato sauce, they had this awesome ranch stuff.

And then the next day we went to the ghost town on Superstition Mountain. haha. The mountain [which was GORGEOUS, by the way] was actually named Superstition Mountain. But before the ghost town we stopped at this ranch place where apparently they filmed several westerns. And the western that Elvis Presley was in. Mom had to get a picture with his cardboard cutout in the chapel. haha. And when we went to the barn/stable/livery thing [whatever they were calling it] they had some FANTASTIC stuff! Such as a buggy that was used by the doc in Gunsmoke, and a real calvary saddle that was used in one of the early American wars [1812, maybe? I'll have to upload the pictures.], and other old-west things that my dad and I were really interested in. Mom got her picture with the Elvis cutout, so she wanted to go. :P haha.
THEN we went on ahead to the ghost town. It was incredibly populated to be a ghost town. I don't think I've ever seen a ghost town with a packed saloon and tourist shops. They also had a livery. I wanted to take a horseback ride, but I had gotten sick earlier at the other place [ehh. Being a girl sucks sometimes, if you get my drift.] so my parents didn't think I could handle it. [Pffft. Whenever I get sick, riding usually helps. The rocking motion soothes instead of irritating..] Plus, they are under the general impression that trail rides are a waste of money. Pfft. I still think they're fun.

The sunset was gorgeous.
We went back to the pizza place.
I watched HP weekend on ABC in our hotel room. ^_^
And I got the pull-out bed, as always. I swear, one of these days I will break my back on one of those. I can feel the springs and the metal frame. My parents get the bed with the down mat on the mattress. What's new?

Next post will be days 3&4. :)
Tina

0 pretty notes: