CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Planning Weddings. [Don't laugh... though I know you will!]

Okay.
Sooo...
About fifteen minutes ago I texted [yes, I know it isn't a real word. I use it anyway.] Kate. I asked her if she preferred men in bow ties or regular ties for formal events. She said skinny ties or bow ties. Since I didn't have any skinny ties to work with... I went with the bow ties.
You have no idea where this is going, do you?
Perfect. =]

Well. To make a long story short... since I decided I'm going to be a wedding planner when I "grow up," I have subscribed to BRIDES Magazine, Elegant Bride, and Modern Bride. I also created an account on the David's Bridal website, because they have the COOLEST thing ever. It's called "Dress Your Wedding." So... I "dressed" my wedding. The way I've partially planned it. They didn't have the right bouquet for me, so I made due with what I had. Anyways.

Then. I decided to do my friends' weddings!
I bet you saw that coming.
So. I promised Kate she'd see what I was doing. I told her she'd laugh. But I don't mind. :)

For all the link-clicking you are going to do... I advise you to hit CONTROL ['ctrl'] on your keyboard before clicking the links with the mouse. It will bring it up in a new tab/window. :D


http://www.davidsbridal.com/dyw/details_public.jsp?w=AODNCLBAAG&v=ELCMDMDAAH
That, my friend, is how I see Kate's wedding. From left to right: Her parents, Jamie, Me, Kate. The groom, a groomsman, the flower girl and ring bearer, and Kimberly. I see her as having a more traditional-like wedding, with long flowing bridesmaids dresses and such. And of course, I made green a big part of the color scheme. I'm thinking... winter wedding, so things would be a deep hunter-type green. And the other color would have to be silver or brown. But the website didn't have silver and brown stuff. So. Maybe a bouquet like THIS. Hmm. I'll have to think about it. Anyways, Kate dear. This is your wedding how I see it. Well, if I spent more time on it my idea would be better. But I threw this together in 20 minutes. =]

http://www.davidsbridal.com/dyw/details_public.jsp?w=DODNCLBAAG&v=DGILDMDAAD
This is how I see Jamie's wedding. Not too traditional, not too modern. I mixed it up with the bridesmaids dresses! You like? I do. =] They're a mixture of traditional-ish and modern. They're fun, like Jamie. Kind of laid-back, but still elegant and gorgeous. Like Jamie. :D I imagine a summer wedding. Of course I had to use Jamie's baby blue and navy color scheme. However, I pictured a bouquet more like THIS one.

http://www.davidsbridal.com/dyw/details_public.jsp?w=HODNCLBAAG&v=IOJKDMDAAG
This is how I see Kimberly's wedding. Very modern. She can pull off a dress that isn't a-line. I see something slim and satiny, like the dress in the picture. I didn't give her a veil, but a tiara. Also, the bridesmaids dresses are simple and modern. I see a spring wedding here. With the lilac color scheme. Dark lilac for the groom/groomsmen. A lighter lilac for the bridesmaids. Deep purple for the flowers. And I actually do like the bouquets in the picture this time. Yaaaaay! :D haha.

http://www.davidsbridal.com/dyw/details_public.jsp?w=FODNCLBAAG&v=JBILDMDAAI
MY WEDDING! Okay... you ready for this? Haha. The bridesmaids dresses, in real life, are actually exactly like THIS. Exactly. My dream bridesmaid dress. That style, that color, that shiny. So girls... hope you like it! ;) haha. Hope it isn't one of those monster dresses that all the bridesmaids hate. And the bouquets look like THIS. My own personal bouquet is going to look SOMETHING like THIS. Cool, huh? Haha. Don't worry, some things will probably change. I haven't picked out the exact wedding dress because that would be too difficult. Dresses change. [As I know bridesmaids dresses do, but oh well.] However, I do know what TYPE of dress. Strapless with a plain, long bodice. An A-line skirt that is slightly ruffled but not lacy or puffy. :D I luff it so far. Oh, and it's going to be a fall wedding.

Okay. Wow, this was a long-winded day. I'm done blogging for the day, though. :D Promise.
Tina

4 pretty notes:

Megan Renee said...

I like them! I think you are going to be an excellent wedding planner. After you graduate in 2 years are you going to a college for designing like that or going to be jumping right in to what you want to do? I wish you all the best.Love ya.

Tina said...

Thanks! :)
Um.. So far my plan is just to get my MBA and then work for a wedding planner for a few years. I'm going to try to get an internship somewhere in the middle there.

Kate Hamman said...

dude!! it all makes sense now...i was pondering what you meant for a while. might i just say LOVE IT! you DEFINITELY got the winter wedding right. i love the green too! :DD

Tina said...

heehee.
I'm glad you LOVE it! :D
And I know how much you adore winter.
<3