CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Doctor Who

Yaaay. I have a new favorite show. Doctor Who. And sort of Torchwood, the spinoff. I love BBC America shows. They had Robin Hood, Doctor Who, Cash in the Attic [haha], Skins [though that was more of Kate's show but I still watched it], Torchwood, AND they show Star Trek: The Next Generation reruns! And they also had the Brit version of Whose Line. Which was always funnier. :P

Anyway. Doctor Who. It all started.... last Saturday? Possibly the Saturday before that. I was bored, and thought I'd watch Doctor Who just to see what it was all about. I started with the revamped series, with the 9th Doctor. See, instead of dying, the doctor regenerates. :D So, the 9th was my "first" Doctor. Christopher Eccleston. He was instantly my favorite just on "first" doctor loyalty grounds. I wished his contract had been for more than a year because I thought he was a great doctor. He loved to say fantastic. Since I watched an entire season in about a week, I've kind of picked up the habit of saying fantastic with a British accent in my head.
My "second" doctor was David Tennant. I'd seen bits and pieces of Tennant's 10th doctor on BBC America from time to time [before we didn't have that channel any more... sad!] but never really got interested. I liked him this time around. I was so mad at what he did to Rose at the end though. And then I was sad for him. And his last line, "I don't want to go," almost made me tear up. I loved all of his babbling. He loved to say allonsy. I believe its French for "lets go." He was so excited when he found someone named Alonso so he could say "allonsy Alonso!" If I ever find someone named Alonso, I think I'll do the same. hahaha.
My "third" doctor is the current one. The newest season ["series 5"] started on BBC1 in the UK on Easter this year. Matt Smith is the 11th doctor, the youngest ever actor at 27 to play the Doctor. I think he's going to end up being my favorite. He has the right blend of quirk and genius and he can rock a bow tie and suspenders. :P He's the only person I have ever seen to make a bow tie B.A. haha. I saw on a Doctor Who messageboard that a fan said he was "strangely attractive." She was right. He isn't really my type, but I find myself strangely attracted to him. A lot. :P haha. He reminds me of a blend of the Chamber of Secrets' Tom Riddle and a youngyoungyoung Patrick Swayze. With really great hair. And his accent is fantastic. :D Oh, he also has a new sonic screwdriver.

Just like Star Trek has phasers, Robin Hood has a bow and arrow, and Blues Clues has the handy dandy notebook.... Doctor Who has his sonic screwdriver. :P It isn't really a weapon, but it can do pretty much anything. I love it.

By the way... this series is HILARIOUS. Apparently it was made to be targeted at kids, specifically to scare the crap out of kids. haha. But I love it. And lots of other adults love it. And even if they didn't... I'd still love it. :P

Captain Jack: Who has a sonic screwdriver?
Doctor 9: I DO!
Captain Jack: Who looks at a SCREWDRIVER and thinks oh, this could be a little more sonic!
Doctor9: What, you've never been bored? Never had a lot of cabinets to put up?

0 pretty notes: