CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Normalcy is Overrated Anyway.

So.. I was thinking today just how different I am from most of my friends. I got excited about finding a $5 Mozart CD because it had 50 whole songs on it for just $5! And I FINALLY found the Frank Sinatra CD I've been wanting for awhile now. I'm listening to it now. ^_^
Yesterday do you want to know what I got excited about? I got really excited about finding a new classic to read! "Gulliver's Travels" by Jonathan Swift. It's a "Barnes & Noble Classics Edition" book. The last book I bought from B&N was "Wuthering Heights." I was tempted to buy a very pretty book with all the Grimm tales in it. It was as pretty as my Jane Austen all-7-in-one book! Golden-edged pages, leather binding and all!
You know what I just thought? The most unlikely pair would be Sinatra and Reba McEntire, but if Sinatra was still alive... they should do a duet together. Since Reba is so big on duets. I would buy a whole CD just for a song with them singing together. haha. That basically is a representation of my musical tastes. Sinatra & Reba. I also had fun listening to a local radio station's "Retro Pop Reunion Weekend" that was playing 80's for Memorial weekend. That was fun.
And one of the other reason's why I was thinking about this is because I was uploading a bunch of pics to facebook yesterday, among which were my Breaking Dawn book release party pics. Kate, Kimberly, Grace and I were at B&N till past midnight, at a party full of people there waiting for a book to be sold. It was awesome! Everyone in the store cheered when the first girl bought her book. =]
Haha. I was also telling my dad about how I was one of the few 17 year olds I know of that keeps latex gloves & iodine handy, just in case I need to stick my finger in a wound or clean one out.


But yes... I do have something a bit more serious on my mind lately. Lately I've been trying to find, as my mom puts it, that "happy medium" between standing up for myself and being a positive, kind, forgiving example of a Christian for some certain people in my life lately. A few weeks ago during youth one Wednesday night Adam prayed for the youth, that we would have a burden for souls. He defined having a burden for souls as "losing sleep over the unsaved." I have seriously been losing some sleep thinking about a few people in my life. It just so happens that one or two of those people just love to walk all over me and take advantage of my quiet nature. I'll admit it, I'm a bit of a pushover. Lately I've been learning how to speak up for myself and actually argue back, but sometimes I feel that it is doing more harm than good. I was talking to my mom, then my dad about it.... and its just hard. So, pray for me that I can do the right thing in that respect.


Respect is a good word. I've been working on being more respectful to others, and trying to let them see my self-respect more. I haven't been the greatest at showing that. But, this will be a whole other blog topic. So, 'till next post, God bless!

Tina

1 pretty notes:

Anonymous said...

This is awesome what a wonderful idea for the fans to give back.