CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Gregorian Chants & The New Indoor!

Sooo... Kimberly and I were the first ones to take our horses into the new indoor arena! The pic is of the indoor. I had to take pictures of the first hoofprint [Chase], walk [Chase], trot [Chase], canter [Dakota], bite of grass [Dakota], and lunge [Dakota] of the indoor arena. It is PURTYFUL! =] The lights should be in the arena soon!!! ^_^ Excitement!

Oh, and... if you ever need to get to sleep... listen to Gregorian Chants. My Art and Music Appreciation course is covering Medieval music, and Gregorian Chants are Medieval... They make me sleepy. I've almost nodded off about 5 times now, just listening to my listening exercises & examples. It doesn't really help that I can't always understand the words, so its mainly a capella "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaooooooooooooooouuuuuuhhhhhhhh aaaaaaaa oooooooooooooooo" in some very calming voices, and its very soothing. Just so you know.

I'm also going with Sawyer and his mom to the American Theraputic Riding Center in Sand Springs. They're gonna give me a small tour so I can check it out and see if I want to volunteer. I think I'd have to commit for about 12 weeks. But, my dad's been wanting me to do some sort of service-y thing, and I feel that this is an amazing nonprofit charity thing. Plus, it is awesome physical therapy that these kids get. The walking motion of the horse actually simulates the walking motion of humans. So, after riding for 30 minutes twice a week or whatever, these kids that couldn't walk actually are able to improve their walking ability, and yeah...

Oh! I forgot to tell you guys about my Bath & Body Works shopping spree. They had a buy 3, get 2 free sale. So bought 3 body creams and got 2 free. ^_^ I got Sensual Amber [FAVORITE scent of the moment!], Rainkissed leaves, sea island cotton, Midnight Pomegranite, and Mango Mandarin. The last two I'm gonna give to my mom for her birthday coming up. I also got her a little aromatherapy thing that you roll onto your wrists and then smell to get the effect. Actually, I got two. Her's is "Sound Sleep" [lavender], and mine is "Mental Clarity" [rosemary] for better concentration. I also got her Mandarin Lime aromatherapy lotion and a sugar scrub. We also went to Ulta and I got some Biolage mousse & color protecting shampoo [for my new cinnamon highlights!], though my normal shampoo is Redken [Color Extend]. Ooh, we also got some FUNN facemask stuff. They had $2 individual 5 minute facemasks. I haven't tried them out yet but they look FUN! =] My mom also got us a peel-off mask to share, which is why I mentioned it in my post below. haha.

And I'm sure if I said anything else of what we bought it would get rather boring. So, 'Till next post, God Bless!
Tina

1 pretty notes:

Megan Renee said...

Yay! For new indoor arenas! :) Good luck with the volunteer work!

Mmmm..Bath and Body works. I love that place. lol! Amber is good. I have some body spray of it.

Have a great day!*hugs*