CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

My Prayer

Lord,

Thank you for all the blessings you have given me. Thank you for my loving parents, my home, and my animals. Thank you for my many friends, whether I see them in person or we talk over the internet. I thank you for my health and my intelligence.
Forgive me for my mistakes. I know I don't deserve it, but if your grace was all you ever gave me, it would be enough.
I pray that every day I will walk in Your path. Please help me to not stray from it. Please show me Your purpose for my life. I also pray that I will always know the difference between presumption and faith, and can act on my faith instead of presumption. I want to make a difference in this world for you. As I walk down hallways I want to see people saved and healed. When I pray for believers and nonbelievers alike, I want to see those prayers answered so I can be a witness for You.
You are an awesome God. Let me hear your voice to guide me throughout the day.




I was just thinking earlier... During my 'quiet times' I often forget what I should be praying for. Of course, I don't speak like this - I'm better at writing than speaking, so this probably sounds awful formal. Notice the absence of "amen..." I consciously left that out, to hopefully remind myself to "pray without ceasing" during the day.
And I don't by any means want to tell you how to pray your prayers... but I just want to explain the first paragraph of mine, and my reasons for it. My old youth pastor had a sermon one time on how to pray, since so many people seem slightly confused about it. Of course, there is nothing wrong with any kind of prayer, but... yeah. [Kind of lost the tail end of that sentence, there. Forgot where I was going with it. So much for writing better than speaking! haha.] He talked about the quickest way to feel God's presence. Well... what he said, was thanking God was one of the fastest ways he would ever feel the Lord's presence when he was praying. [Prayers don't have to be formulas... but I've experienced this myself... it does work!] He said that if you can't think of what to be thankful for... just find anything. Thank Him for your big toe, for your eye color, for being able to breathe. And then, asking for forgiveness [my tiny paragraph is rather vague there, because it changes from prayer to prayer] is the best way to bring down further walls between yourself and God. I don't want to preach on my little blog, so I'll stop there. =]

God bless!
Tina

0 pretty notes: