CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 15, 2008

Going out on a limb...

Okay. First off, I will say that is my cousin's horse Silver. [full name Silver Dollar.] We were on my grandpa's farm in Missouri [Taneyville] where he has the yummiest mulberry [sp?] trees ever. And Silver makes a GREAT ladder for reaching the ripe ones near the top of the tree. Although, I think Dakota would make a better one, as he is at least a hand taller. Sorry Shaina, loyalty to my baby over yours. ;) But I will say he's very cute. Even with the dilapidated old house in the background that our great grandparents apparently lived in at some point.

Okay. On to the point of my post. I am going out on a big, big limb. I'm going to show you guys something that I am very nervous about. My writing. Now, not this sort of writing, my blogging... something different. My creative writing. I've always been rather self-conscious about sharing my written art with people I know. Total and complete strangers are fine, of course, but people I know make me extremely nervous for some reason. Don't ask why.

Now, I'm completely fine with sharing my photography [especially when it is of one of our favorite musical family members!] with people. [See above picture! ^_^] But my writing... that is something different.

I AM working on it though! I'm writing a story that I'm having a close friend look at. =] Asking her to do some proofreading for me was a big step. But Jamie is just one person. I figured that the Haygood MB people, and everyone else who reads my blog, would be a great start to find more people that I actually know to read my stuff. After all... you guys already read my ramblings, so reading my concentrated efforts shouldn't be too much of a stretch, should it?

Now... I should warn you now... I am a sucker for romance. I read it, and I write it. [Try going to http://www.steeplehill.com ... BEST source for all your Christian romance wants/needs. ^_^ I have a WHOLE bookshelf full of those babies.. Though I also buy many of them for 50 cents at the library.] So, if you don't like romance, I don't suggest you read what I am about to show you. haha.


http://www.fictionpress.com/~dappleddakota. That is my Fictionpress account. All my stories are on there.. well, my one short story and several poems. The funny poems you guys have seen because of Mike's little contest awhile back... And the Expectations poem was on my blog. It is really just the fiction that I have problems sharing with people. So, read them and tell me what you think. In comments on blogger [right here], and in reviews on FP.


So, I'm going to close my eyes and press the "publish post" button... here goes nothing!
*deep breath*
Tina

0 pretty notes: