CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Jokes & Arlington

Okay. I know I haven't been posting at all lately. So, I'm going to give you two cute little jokes I've heard at church from the past few weeks, and put up the video I finally made of my Arlington Cemetary pictures.

This first joke was in a skit that some of the kids did one sunday morning. One boy got stuck in a box, labeled "SIN." Various other children walked by, trying to help him get out. One of the kids said this:
"You're in sin!
Sin is of the devil.
Take off the "D" and you've got EVIL. The devil & sin are evil.
Take off the "E" and you've got VIL. Sin is vil. [He pronounced it "vile."]
Take off the "V" and you've got IL. You make me ill! [haha. For being stuck in the box.]
Take off the "I" and you've got L. IF YOU STAY IN SIN YOU'RE GOING TO L!!!!

hahaha. So that kid walks off & the boy still stuck in the box says, "Great. Now, I'm stuck in a box, getting bored, and I'm going to L."


Hopefully that got a chuckle out of some of you. And this next one isn't really a joke, but its cute and really powerful when you think of it. "Out of the mouths of babes," they say...

A little girl looked at her mom after church one day. She said, "Mommy, the pastor's sermon was really confusing today." The mom looked at her child and asked,
"What was confusing?"
"The pastor said that God is much bigger than we are. Is that true?"
"Yes."
"He also said that God lives inside us. Is that true, too?"
"Yes, sweetie, it is."
"Well, if he is bigger than us, but lives inside of us................. wouldn't he show through?"


Ahh. Sometimes kids are a lot smarter than the rest of us.

Until my next post, God bless!! Tina

0 pretty notes: