CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 25, 2008

Florida, Come Back to Me [A Whiny Post with Unreasonable Complaints]

I.... miss Florida. So many problems were just nonexistant in Florida. But, I guess that is what happens on vacation. You get breaks from problems and stress so you can recharge. Problem 1 - Dakota is still lame. While I missed him terribly in the week that I was gone, I didn't have to worry about the quality of my horse's life now that he's been lame for forever [my trainer actually said we might as well put him down if we don't figure out the lameness issue. He's not rideable or sellable. ACK!] Problem 2 - Stressing over getting into college. While my mom didn't go, my dad just happened to graduate twice [using scholarships both times, I think - he had two totally unrelated majors. A Math major *shudder* and a Theology major.] and I'm expected to have perfect grades to get scholarships into the college I want to go to. Mr. Accountant kind of overlooked starting a college fund for me when I was little, so its pretty much sell my horse or get scholarships. Quite possibly sell my horse AND get scholarships. I think I'm just going to try to get into ORU. It isn't even all the way across town, its where my dad went, it's Christian, and its a good all-around school... Ack. I have to take ACTs this year, being a junior. At least I had a nice talk with Jamie about tips and stuff. Apparently they don't change the test for a whole year, they just rearrange the questions, so if I take it several times and get my score sheet back I'll have a much better chance of scoring better. Comforting to know. Problem 3 - Dealing with the real world in general. I'd much rather just live in my room with daily trips to the library and barn. I can have human contact at the library and barn. And at home. Well, I'd also go to church on Sundays and Wednesdays. And possibly shows. IF MY HORSE EVER GETS BETTER!!! Problem 4 - I have too many problems that don't mean anything. I mean.... there's dying children in Africa and I'm feeling guilty because instead of sponsoring one of them or whatever I'm spending tons of money on a lame horse. [Lame as in... not sound. Not lame as in, cool or uncool. He's totally cool. Just lame. haha. Sorry.] Actually, feeling guilty would be my Problem 5 - Of course, I've had this conversation with my mother. I'm pretty good about not letting OTHER PEOPLE put me on a guilt trip. I don't give in to peer pressure. [Usually. My church's bishop totally used peer pressure on me to get me to join the choir. Then he ambushed me several times.] However, I'm quite good at putting myself on a guilt trip. I have a very active conscience, which I guess is a good thing. But I get rather annoyed with it sometimes.


Sorry, this is a whiny post. Good news: My dad is going to compare costs between Dr. White in Sallisaw, and Dr. Bullock who would come to us. I told dad if we went to Dr. White I would pay for the x-rays myself [they're only 60 bucks] but I don't know how expensive Bullock is. He's Jamie's and Kimberly's vet, and Jamie says he's really good at a reasonable price, so I'm thinking he's going to be my vet too from now on if we use him for these x-rays. Jamie says he's really good with lame horses. He might be a keeper. ^_^


Top 10 Spookey Things - A horse's point of view
10. Blowing Paper:"At any moment it could whip up into our faces, covering our noses. We could suffocate. And don't try to tell us you'd do CPR."
9. Barking Dogs:"What? You've never read Steven King's CUJO?"
8. Puddles of Water:"Quicksand."
7. Trash Cans:"They've been known to swallow horses and transport them into another dimension."
6. Babies and Li'l Kids:"Long lost tribe of horse-eating pygmies."
5. Plaid Horse Blankets:"Hey, when was the last time you wore plaid? It adds 100 lbs."
4. Ropes and Hoses on the Ground:"Dreaded North American Trail Snakes."
3. Ponies:"Cute, cleaver, hardy. They want to take over the world."
2. Windy Days:"Two Words: impending tornado."
1. Carts and Wagons:"Look. You put a human on our backs, we can always buck them off. But hitching a horse to a wheeled object? It's just not right."

Haha. Good mood is halfway back now. I actually had a list of a good 10 or so problems, but I shortened it so as not to seem bratty. ;) My last three days haven't been the greatest, to put it lightly. But anyways! My favorites are 3, 2, and 6. Haha. Although, my awesome [yet still lame] horse luffs ponies [he's turned out with 2 lil' old men ponies], isn't scared of windy days, and luffs children and all forms of attention. Unless it involves a curry comb.


Tina

0 pretty notes: