CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Nov. 1st Haygoods Show!

Fantastic! Amazing! Superb! Phenomenal! Awesome! Haygoodtastic! And yes, it was even mantastic! hahaha. I loved it. They got the best of the summer show and the Christmas portion was all of the aforementioned adjectives. I need to find some new ones. So far I've thought of thrilling and wondrous.
Anyways.
I was ecstactic that we managed to score seats right in front of the section of the stage that Shawn hangs out in. My mother and I 'channeled our inner Annette's' and shouted, screamed, cheered, and yelled for all the guys. Though, I have to admit I cheered the loudest and longest for Shawn. He gave me a few extra tap steps 'just for me' while the rest of the guys were rearranging things on stage since I was yelling so much. haha. And my mom and I both got two thumbs up. My mom for yelling, "GO SHAWN!" Me for yelling, "DANG!HOTT!" haha.

So... for the Christmas portion.
LOVED IT! The songs that I can remember off the top of my head are:
Joy to the World
Drummer Boy
Hark ! the Herald Angels Sing
We Three Kings
Mary Did you Know
God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen
What Child is This [Dom's sax solo]
And Aaron's song, though I forgot what it was called. But I do remember it.

I loved their arrangements of Joy to the World and We Three Kings. Especially We Three Kings. It was unique and really, really cool.
There were no white suits. Not even white suit jackets, if I remember correctly.
Dom was still absolutely amazing with Mary Did You Know. Aaron did a fine job with the Little Drummer Boy. Catherine also had a substancial part in that song. Shawn was perfect with God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen. Dominic blew everyone away with his sax solo, which I do believe was What Child Is This. No one ever said, but it sure sounded like that.

I believe Mike hit the ground [as in... fell over] about four times. Daddy Haygood said it was on purpose when we went to order the DVD. I still had to laugh.


Then the next morning, I saw Jason in the box office! We went to see Red, Hot & Blue at 10:00 am. Jason was also able to help convince my mom to get tickets for Thanksgiving night. Front row, right side. Right where we happened to be the night before, which meant right in front of Shawn. Heck yes!
Then Jason got me hooked on Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate from Starbucks.


I ALMOST persuaded my mom to let us go back and see the show again Sunday night, but I wasn't too successful. I had the money to go on my own, but Grandma Low & Mom were hungry. I couldn't leave them stranded at the Colonnade with John [the guy behind the desk in the lobby] and no food.

I drove the whole way home on Monday. Which resulted in us making great time. I only went 5 over the speed limit. Which goes to show you... my mom gets distracted a lot. Instead of getting a heavy foot when she's distracted.... her foot gets lighter. We lose about 10 mph. And gain angry drivers on our tails. I think I'll drive from now on.

So... that was basically my Branson trip. We also went shopping at the Grand Village, and I finished my Christmas shopping for everyone but my dad. Man, but he is hard to shop for! I'll never be able to outdo that model corvette I got him last Christmas. I got it at the Cardinal Clubhouse at the Branson landing... it had the St. Louis Cardinals' logo all over it.

Till next post, God Bless!
Tina

0 pretty notes: