CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Ohh, Crap.

Crapppp! I'm gonna have to get jaw surgery! Not any time SOON soon... But like... summer, next Christmas-ish. Crap. Yeah.. Jaw surgery ain't fun. They'll saw through my jaw, tilt it to extend it, and 6 months later the bone should be totally fused back together. They say it isn't too fun, even though there isn't a lot of pain [apparently there aren't too many nerves in the jaw], but I'll look like a swollen chipmunk that got in a barfight for most of the week afterward. I said I don't care at ALL what I look like, as long as I can handle the pain. 'Cause I know one girl that got the surgery, [though she didn't have braces on, and they say that having braces on at the same time makes it easier/more comfortable, 'cause they don't have to put bars in your mouth to rubber-band your mouth shut... they just stick the rubber bands on the braces], and she said they put some sort of drain in her gum and it hurt like crap to get it taken out. But, my ortho said it was just an overnight stay at the hospital then I'd get to go home....

I hate hospitals. Hate them, hate them, hate them.
But, if y'all pray REALLY hard, maybe my lower jaw will suddenly grow to fit my upper jaw, and my upper jaw will STOP growing.

Stupid genetics. Some random great great uncle on my dad's side gave me this stupid jaw issue!
Because otherwise, if I don't get this surgery, my teeth will be 60 years old when I'm 30, and I'll probably have to get dentures at 50. I don't want dentures at 50. Thats how old my mom is now! Ugggh. My great grandma has dentures, and uggghhg. *twitch* No. No, no, no.

But, yeah. This july I'll have had metal in my mouth for THREE years. Not braces... This October I'll have had braces for three years. But this July will mark the three years that I've been in the ortho chair. [I had spacers first, then in July I got an expander in the roof of my mouth that I'd take a little key every day and crank my teeth farther apart. I seriously had to re-learn how to swallow water and food. Take a dogtag chain and stick it in your mouth, straight across the corners of your lips as far back as you can, and that's what the expander felt like. My tongue bled almost every night. THEN came the braces. Along with every other month chains, and every month 4 steel ties.] So, yeah. If it weren't for my stupid upper jaw [which is STILL growing. It hasn't stopped yet. But my lower jaw stopped growing about, oh, THREE YEARS AGO.] they would be doing the finishing, tiny adjustments on my teeth RIGHT NOW and they'd be off probably by the end of the summer.

But NOOOOOOOOOOO.

I have to get JAW SURGERY.

JAW SURGERY.

I hate genetics.


Tina

1 pretty notes:

JTo said...

Girl, don't worry. When I get older, I have to get it too. My jaw gives me migraines.