CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Chase the Case & Total Dominance

Soooooooo... Kimberly has a new horse now! Chevy passed the vet check. Only thing the vet didn't like about him was his tongue, and his teeth really needed to be floated. Lord knows Kim [trainer] doesn't keep up on things like that. And, Kimby is changing his name! Big surprise! hahaha. Who wants a horse named after a truck? Other than Kim [trainer]. She's pretty sure she's gonna change it back to Chase. His registered racing name was Chase the Case. I like the name Chase. For people and animals. haha.
On to other equine-related things...... DAKOTA WAS AWESOME, YET AGAIN!!! heehee. I luff my horsie. Although, before I rode him he made close friends with a large mud puddle. I had to give him a sponge bath. The temperature outside was warm enough to give him a real bath, but the water wouldn't be warm enough. So, we brought out the little coffee-pot-sized water heater, and that is what I used to heat enough water to give my horse a sponge bath. Whoopee! The water running off of him was NASTY. And I had two little hand-sized sponges. Yeah, he didn't like it one bit. Of course, ALL my pets just HAVE to hate water. It took me about 45 minutes, having to wait for more water to heat up again and again. BUT, after we were clean-ish [I only sponge-bathed him where the saddle goes, his neck, and his head. And his front legs, because nasty brown mud puddle water kept running down them and I was gonna put boots on them. -sigh-] and tacked up, the ride was AWESOME!
We had a few iffy moments, but he's getting better about going on his butt and we jumped a low straight. The amazing thing about that was, he DIDN'T GET EXCITED AFTERWARD! AT ALL! And we were in enough control to make a circle of the straight and the double crossrails on the other side of the arena, staying in a rhythm the whole time. EXCITEMENT!!!! w00t w00t!!
WOW, this was a short one! haha. So, until next post, God Bless!
Tina
P.S. If you're wondering about the title... Total Dominance is Dakota's technical, registered racing name. But who wants a sweet, cuddly thing like Koda named Total Dominance?!?! So, I changed his name to Dakota, with his show name Kodak Moment [courtesy of Jamie's wonderful thinking], and when we get lazy, his barn name gets shortened to Koda. :P

2 pretty notes:

Trudi Rose said...

Hey Tina!

I know I probably haven't commented on your blog before...but I've been reading it. I just wanted to say that when I read your entries about horses and I actually know what you're talking about...I didn't realize I'd been paying any attention to my sister all those years ago! We haven't had horses since I was about 15, and even then I wasn't really that interested...they were my sister's thing.

Hope that you are having a great day!

~Trudi

annette07 said...

Tina,

Well, I know nothing about horses but you have been very informative. I love reading your blogs.

God bless and love,

Annette