CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I wish I could start a petition to add several hours to the day

Yup... if only we could have about 5-6 more hours in a day. Only if our workload doesn't increase, though. That way I could get more sleep, and not feel too bad about accidentally sleeping in for two hours more than I should... But anyway. I started this post yesterday, and just added this paragraph today... So everything is going to be about my day YESTERDAY. I might put up another post tonight. It promises to be an interesting day... First of all, I had to feed in 30 degree weather. Yeah. I had two layers of breeches on underneath my jeans. But since I had my down coat, I just had a t-shirt and thin Eskimo Joe's sweatshirt that I got from my neighbor. I am SOOO out of shape it is unbelieveable. However, I am getting much faster at feeding. I dumped icey water buckets, filled them back up with water, grained, and hayed 25 horses in EXACTLY an hour. Seriously, down to the minute. I timed myself. AAAAND, that was while I stopped to pet Rooster for a minute, and somewhat took my time. I also had haybale issues. You should have seen me. I needed just ONE MORE haybale to finish, and the most accessible one was at the top of a very tall solid wall of haybales. I was jumping up and down with a hay hook in one hand, swinging it up and stabbing the bale with every jump. I tried to jump higher, tried to stretch my arm out, but nooo. I just couldn't reach that haybale. So, I yelled at Jeff, who was convienantly bringing in horses at the time. He got me down my haybale. With that one as something to stand on, I re-made a little stairway of haybales that Jeff had made earlier, and the rest of the feeders had destroyed. Then I tacked up for my lesson, and... Dakota was AMAZING! He's been in a bad mood the past few weeks, not wanting to listen to me, getting over-excited about jumping, really fighting me about working off his butt, etc. But we did a mini-course after our warm-up [and after Kimberly fell off Chevy. haha. Sorry, Kimby. :P] and he was PERFECT. Well, as perfect as he could possibly get after not being ridden too often! He was an absolute gentleman going over the rolltop, which he's been giving me grief over for awhile, and he didn't get excited AT ALL over the coop, which I was surprised at since we were going downhill! That was exciting. We jumped the barrels both ways, without freaking out going towards home [the barn], AND HE GOT THE STRIDING RIGHT ON THE STONE WALL TO THE PICKET FENCE LINE!!!!! To steal a line from one of my favoritest performers and BOSSMEN [;P] ever... YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAWWW!!! Lets just say, we ended the lesson with that one. ^^ I didn't even do no-stirrup work, which I should have. I just put him up. I was happy. And the funny thing was... I am SO out of shape, that that little mini-course made my calves BURN. I was so hot, that the sun was just starting to go down and I spent the majority of that lesson in JUST my t-shirt and thin sweatshirt, with my down coat up at the barn. Yeah. It was 38 degrees when we got back up to the barn. THAT, my friends, is being out of shape. At least for me. If I'd been in shape, that would have hardly been a workout for me at all. But, I'm so happy with Dakota, I don't care. :P Kimby is buying Chevy tomorrow!!!! [EDIT: technically today, but I wrote this yesterday, sooo yeah.] Jamie and I have been telling Kimberly NOT TO DO IT! NONONONONO! We told her to even lease Rooster and go for him, instead of Chevy! This horse has a history of bad stomach ulcers, and needs to be ridden every single day to stay sane. If someone else rides him, he tries to kill them. You have to ride him at least three days in a row for him to get used to you, so he won't absolutely go nuts. But, she went against what we said, and is going for it anyway. Jamie got kind of screwed over buying Spot from Kim, even though she loves him. We just hated to see Kimby make a mistake this big. We didn't want her to get screwed over as well, but she has become blinded by love. -sigh- So, I don't think Jamie has been notified that this sale is going on, and I don't think I am going to be the one to tell her. That will be a sight to see, Jamie's reaction. I stormed off and gave Kimberly the silent treatment for a few minutes when she told me today!!! But, she wanted me to be at the barn tomorrow at two [since I'm not "in" school and all] while the vet was there, checking him out. I had a little chat with Chevy also, telling him he'd better prove Jamie and me wrong! I love Kimby, and don't want her to get bitter about buying a horse from Kim the way Jamie did. And even though Jamie loves Spot to death, she still kind of wishes she hadn't bought him, or gotten attached to him. He is an absolute phsycopath. Spot, that is. And Chevy has major potential to become one. So, for Kimberly's sake... Chevy better exceed EVERYONE's expectations. And, even though I don't want her to buy him, I'm going to be there tomorrow at two, since she wanted me there. I'll see if she wants to ride with me, for the first time as an owner. :P That might make up the silent treatment I gave her today. haha. Well... until next post, God Bless! Tina

0 pretty notes: