CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Reba & Kelly!!!

The Reba/Kelly concert was a BLAST! I'm at the library right now, and taking a break, so I'll have to edit this later after I upload my pictures. But anyways... I went with my grandma, uncle, his girlfriend, and my parents. We were just far enough away where the highest zoom on my camera couldn't get faces. However I did get one good video [mainly because of the audio] that I will put up on youtube later as well. The "pre-show entertainment," I guess you could call it.. was BARBARA JEAN!!! I just love her! I think her name is Melissa Peterman. That woman is HILARIOUS! haha. She has lost quite a bit of weight since the Reba show as well. She looked good. If I could write out her whole 30 minute act before the show, I would. Everyone was cracking up the whole time! haha. BUT... that one video I talked about? Its of Melissa!! While Reba and Kelly were singing "I'm a Survivor," Melissa "snuck out" to the stage and tried to sing it with them. haha. Can't wait until you all see it. I also can't resist putting up this one Reba quote... though Barbara Jean isn't in it: Reba: [when Van gets an injury involving his spine and tail bone] It's a mother-in-law's job to make the best of a bad situation. Van Montgomery: [sarcastically] I thought it was a mother-in-law's job to make butt-jokes about her son-in-law. Reba: We wear many hats. I think Reba, Van, Cheyenne, and BJ were my favorite characters in the Reba show. :D That was so hilarious. So sad it ended. But anyways... Melissa was going on about how Reba was SO nice to her all the time... and would go out to eat with Melissa & her husband while the show was still going on. And they'd walk out down the street and people would mob Reba going "REBA REBA... Could you please sign this for me?" And then she'd hear one tiny, "Barbara Jean!" And she'd get so excited.... "Could you ask Reba to sign this for me?" haha. But she said it was okay that fans used her to get to Reba... because she used Reba to get to the fans! haha. And she kept cracking jokes about things that happened "Because of You," and that Reba really was a "Fancy" lady. :P I have to say... I LOVED LOVED LOVED all the harmonies Reba & Kelly did! They're both so talented!!! Reba looks SO GOOD for being over 50. Reba and Kelly came out together and stayed out together for 2 full hours. They'd alternate one of Reba's songs, one of Kelly's songs, Reba, Kelly, Reba, Kelly, etc... They'd sing backup for each other's songs, or actually make it a duet. AMAZING!!! I loved these songs of Reba's that they sang: How Blue Kathy's Clown I'm a Survivor Fancy The Night the Lights Went out in Georgia Does He Love You - [which was amazing!] And Still Is There Live Out There The Greatest Man I Never Knew One Promise Too Late
Why Haven't I Heard From You - [loved it!]
Love Revival [a new one of Reba's] And I'm not a Kelly fan... just because I mainly listen to country. But I did love her "Beautiful Disaster." And of course, "Break Away," and one other that I can't remember the name of right at this moment. When the encore came was the only time they had a wardrobe change. And I waited too long after actually seeing the concert to write this, because I'm onlly 80% sure they sang "Because of You" in the 3 song encore. haha. OHH! And I saw Jamie there! haha. I told her what section I'd be in, and she looked up right when we were walking in to sit down. Of course, I made her jump up and down and wave at me before I could spot her waaay down on the floor. :D haha. I texted her afterward, and she agreed with me that the concert was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! Lucky duck, getting to be on the floor. We were up in the balcony where we HAD to sit down, or the people behind us would get angry. That's just no fun, I tell you. No fun at all. But that was the only down part of the evening. That, and I didn't buy any souviners. lol. Well... lets just pray I get my pictures & video uploaded soon! :P So until next post, God Bless! Tina
*****EDIT!!: PICTURE CAPTION: Right after "I'm A Survivor." Melissa Peterman managed to get in between Reba & Kelly. I took a picture of the large screen. Too bad the speakers were in the way of a lot of it. u.u Melissa has slimmed down quite a bit since the show...

1 pretty notes:

annette07 said...

Tina,

I am so jealous!!! LOL I have never seen Reba at a concert. I saw her at FAN FAIR but they only get 15 minutes per artist to perform. It sounds like you really did have a blast. Mom's name is Barbara Jean and my aunt thinks it is funny because Mom is nothing like her. ha
See-a good thing did happen to you. Rewards come for those that are nice to others.
Anxious to see the pictures.