CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 10, 2008

When did everyone get so tall?

Hmm... I thought this picture of Jessie went along with my title quite well. :P Jessie & Angel were lounging around at the bottom of the stairs, and I couldn't resist running to get my camera and taking a few pictures leaning over the rail. ANYWAYS. There are more than several things I want to share, so I'd best get on with it.

Last night was the ORU homecoming basketball game. My dad graduated twice from there, so of course we had to stay after the game and wander around the court for the reception. [I was supposed to follow my dad around like a lost puppy and "make him look good." haha.] And for some reason, last night I was suddenly struck with how TALL everyone seems to be. Walking through the crowds at the reception, my dad and I were both dwarfed by pretty much everyone. It was really crowded for the most part, and at one point I started to turn around, and almost smacked face-first into Coach Sutton. Or, the bottom of Coach's tie. That man is TALL! I mean, I always knew he was tall. He had to be. But there's a difference between knowing a man is tall, and standing next to the tall guy with your head leaned back all the way just to look at his face. My forehead hit his ELBOW. And to satisfy my curiosity, I just looked up the men's team stats. Only one of them, Robert Jarvis [my second favorite player] is under 6 feet tall, at five eleven to be exact. And he would still dwarf me, even though he looks like a midget on the court compared to Yemi Ogunoye [my favorite player] at six foot NINE, and Shawn King at six foot ELEVEN. Shawn King can step over chairs. Whole chairs. With just a step. Now those are LONG legs. And one poor guy on the other team last night had to take two and a half steps for every one of Ogunoye's. And Ogunoye was almost running in slow motion. Man, I felt SHORT. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind being short. Not at all. I just feel frustrated sometimes when I'm in the middle of a crowd of people so tall, I get tripped on like a Chiuaua, because they don't see me. haha. Just thought that might be a fun story, since I've been ranting a bit much lately.

Also, two nights ago my mom and I went to Mardels, a Christian store type thing. I want to say bookstore, but there's tons more stuff than just books. But, the books were what my mom and I were gravitating towards. There were TONS of sales going on. The book lover in me nearly fainted at how cheap these things were! I bought a hardback daily devotional for 5 bucks. It's original price was 15. heehee. I also bought two Christian romance paperback anthologies for 3 bucks each. Original price 7! And we got a Ted Dekker book [Showdown, I think it was] for really cheap, and my mom bought a book for her secret sis [a secred gift exchange thing at our church. You don't know who's giving you your gifts till the end of the year, you draw names for the next year, and so on] and a book she needed to read for the church's book club. You should have seen how many historical fictions [romance, of course. Haha. Yup, Grandma Pat got me hooked. No way around it.] were on sale for dirt cheap. I love book sales. I almost swooned. But I restrained myself, and only got the two anthologies and one devotional. But I did write down the books & authors of the books I didn't buy. heehee.

Also, please pray for my great grandma. I call her Mamaw. She's been in the hospital with sky-high blood pressure and fluid on her lungs. She's 92, and time just isn't on her side. I think she's well aware of that. She's been in the hospital before, but not for fluid on the lungs. Also, something about part of a muscle in her heart is so large they're afraid it might block some blood flow. Mamaw hates hospitals. She dislikes doctors. And now she isn't really eating anything at all, we think because she's afraid she's going to choke on the food. [She's started to cough up some of the liquid on her lungs, and that scares her. Having grown out of my asthma, but still having some vivid memories of not being able to breathe... I can't say I blame her. But still, she needs food.] So.. yeah. They told her she'd be able to go home a few days ago, and I think she's home now. [I say think, because my mother isn't exactly a fount of information. I'm not always in the loop.] But my grandma [yes, the one that was onstage. :P] has been staying in the hospital room practically 24/7, and is now staying at Mamaw's apartment with her practically 24/7. And Mamaw starts to get cranky. Like, temper tantrums a two year old would be proud of. So, please pray for Grandma Low and my Mamaw. Both of them need rest and peace. And I want to say how thankful I am for all of you Haygood MBers. For all the prayers. I like the fact that we can all pray for each other. You're all still in my prayers as well.

And... I've GOT to end this on a good note. So, I'll give you the scripture and little prayer at the end of my short devotional message from this morning.
He has made everything beautiful in its time. -Ecclesiastes 3:11.
Lord Jesus, help me see myself as You do: beautifully made according to your divine design. Forgive me for comparing myself to others and wishing I were different. Starting today, let me not only accept my own appearance but also accept others exactly as they are, knowing that they, too, were created in your image.
Since I know the majority of you that read my blog are female, I thought this might be uplifting. Women and girls all struggle with this so much, appearances. Looking as thin as a stick. I was watching TV one day, and a commercial for the next day's Dr. Phil came on. It was an anorexic girl, and you could practically see all her bones. Her skin was purpleish, and her face was so sunken she looked already dead. She was crying to her mom. You know what she told her mom? The reason why she was crying? She thought Dr. Phil would think she was fat. FAT! It was sad.

Well, that didn't end on the greatest note after all. haha. But, scroll down a bit and watch my Reba & Kelly video. That should make you smile. :D God bless!
Tina

0 pretty notes: