CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 8, 2007

Annoying Drummers, Zorro, Learning How to Talk More Gooder Fastly, & Small Feet

Okay... the guy across the street WILL NOT stop drumming. I admire his musical ambition, but hearing the same beat over and over gets a bit annoying. You'd think he'd know a few others after doing this since we moved in to this house. As I'm in my room, I can hear him practicing from inside his house ACROSS THE STREET. When people come over to my house, they're always like, "Whats that noise?" "Oh, just the guy across the street." "...Oh." I'd be fine with it, if I wasn't trying to sleep. THEN it gets really annoying. I'm all for practicing his musical talents... but can you imagine what its like for everyone in HIS house? I can hear it in MINE!
I promise... this is the first time I've complained about him to anyone other than myself. ...Hey! When you hang around SHRA [Southern Hills Riding Academy] enough, you start talking to everything: animals, inanimate objects, and yourself. ....And he's started again. I can hear it over my radio, which isn't that loud at the moment, but still. You'd think he could do something to absorb some of the sound in that room. He's not even directly across the street. He's one house down from the one directly across from me! THAT'S loud!
And whats this about Blockbuster not having Zorro?!?! I went to rent The Legend of Zorro [love that movie!] because I'm using Alejandro Murrieta [young Zorro] for a character essay for english class. When I asked the girl at Blockbuster where the movie would be on the racks, she said, "We don't have that movie." Not, "Its not in stock right now," or, "All our copies are checked out at the moment," but, "WE DON'T HAVE IT!" Can you believe that?!?! They don't have ZORRO. The ORIGINAL ZORRO. AKAJKDLGHAREIOTUKALGNIOJHAKLGHAGRLAIJGHA!!! So frustrating. I love that movie! Even if I hadn't needed it for an essay, I would still be ticked. How can they not have Zorro? Its practically a classic. Who cares if its on TV a lot... Blockbuster still needs it. The sequel didn't come out TOO long ago [first one was way better, BTW], they should still have the original! Just like Blockbuster doesn't have The Cutting Edge!!! Can you believe it? THE CUTTING EDGE. They have The Cutting Edge II: Going for the Gold, but NOT The Cutting Edge! Argh. I have to wait until its on TV to see the original! You know how hard that is! I always catch the last 15 minutes, or have to leave before its over.
That poor boy's parents. He's started drumming AGAIN. Its not like I have to strain to hear it, either. Its loud and clear.
And don't get me started on how large shoes are these days! [Sorry, too late. I've started myself. -.^] I have small feet. REALLY small feet. Like, size 5 to 5 1/2 in dress shoes, size 6 or [if I'm lucky] 7 in running shoes and flats. ALL OF THE BEST DRESS SHOES START AT SIZE 7 AND UP! I had to search forever before I found a great pair of shoes that ran small, and miraculously I fit into a size 6. I do have to admit, they are really cute [burgundy patent leather heels, rounded toe, strap across the top of the foot, pretty tall heels, but not too tall] and they go with a lot of stuff... But there were SO many other shoes that would have been perfect, too... Then I thought we were going to get shot in the mall when my grandma started talking [really loud] about how FAT people today are, and something about THOSE BLACK PEOPLE. My great-grandma is worse! My mom and I practically have to duct tape my grandma & great grandma's mouths shut when African-Americans walk by... or we wouldn't be alive right now! They never got over the prejudice... My youth pastor is originally from Indiana, and he said he never knew people were still prejudice until he came down south. All of the youth group [even the african-americans] laughed. We were like..... duh. But I guess it isn't his fault. He never had a great grandma that had a sailor's mouth and who was extremely prejudiced against blacks. And called black people names that I'd best never repeat. The only black person they like is Oprah. Seriously. Its INSANE. I can tell my grandma at least TRIES to be nice to them, but my great grandma... SHEESH. But... I got off topic. My grandma said when she was in her teens/twenties, she wore a size FOUR TO FIVE AND A HALF. Her feet just got bigger when she started running a lot in her thirties. FOUR TO FIVE AND A HALF! And she said shoes that size were EASY to get. Isn't that insane? At least I got a purse that exactly matches my shoes... Which will go with jeans or a new bubble skirt I got at White House Black Market. And a cute dress I got at Dillards for one of my Christmas gifts. Oops. I think I've already seen all my Christmas gifts this year. hahaha. But, I have to see and try on clothes, or they just don't work. I'll have to take pictures of the dress and shoes and skirt + the rest of that outfit and put them up on myspace. I love it! heehee.
And for my "mandatory" Haygoods paragraph.
Tim almost gave me a heart attack! [And Annette a stroke, by the sounds of the MB! haha.] I opened my email first thing this morning, and my heart stopped beating. Seriously. For like two beats. I believe the title of the email was, "DATE CORRECTION HAYGOODS FAN NIGHT!!!!!" I was like... AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!! You know how hard it was to get my mom and grandma to be able to go with me on the 29th? I was like... Oh no. Dang it. I CANT GOOOO!!! But... I had the good sense to open the message as quick as I could, and nearly feinted when I saw Tim had corrected the date because he'd said 2008 rather than 2007.
YOU CAN'T DO THAT TO US, TIM!!!
Nearly took 10 years off of my lifespan.
And... I would be a whole lot nicer to the guy across the street if he were Shawn. At least then he'd have to take a break from drumming to practice dancing. Or singing. Or tumbling. Hahaha.
Weeeeeeeell, until next post, God Bless!
Tina
P.S. Not in the greatest mood since riding lessons were cancelled 'cause of rain today.
P.P.S. All of the pics on my blog, I've taken... Unless I'm in them. haha. In the pic on this blog, I was on a trail ride in Keystone, CO and taking pics at the same time. Heck yes, I'm talented! jk, jk. But I do like this pic.
P.P.P.S. Listen to "Ancient Skies" by the Michael Gungor Band on my music player. Its a lovely song. I suppose if I'd told you that at the beginning of this post, the song would be done by the time you were done reading... Oh well. = P
Redneck Word of the Day [From Jeff Foxworthy's "Learning to Talk More Gooder Fastly," The Redneck Dictionary, Third Edition.]
Urinal: n. and v. a declaration concerning the current status or location of the person being spoken to. "If you think urnial lot of trouble now, just wait till Daddy gets home!"

2 pretty notes:

orbitgirlxoxo said...

I can't believe you have to listen to your neighrbors drumming all the time!! AUGH!!! You should hide his drumsticks or something.

-Tori

Anonymous said...

lol drummers huh? well maybe hes the next shaun or something! okay, thats weird, they don't have ZORRO?!?!? -slaps people at blockbuster- what's wrong with them?! oh come on tina just go to the kids section for your shoes. hehe just kidding. your feet are fine who cares about footwear anyway, unless your talking about high heels. those are awesome