CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Forwards, Backwards, Left & Right

I'm in a Clinton mood tonight. I just got my No Worries Club Journal [that's it's name... but its really a magazine-type thing.] today.... And I just kind of skimmed through it. The really ironic thing is that I've been working on shoulder -ins and -outs... and thats one of the topics in this month's journal! Yay! And... just FYI... I'll explain the reason for this post's title: And I quote, "To get respect, you move your horse's feet forwards, backwards, left and right." A Clinton Anderson fan knows the importance of this phrase, and has heard it many, many times. Its one of Clinton's favorite sayings. As well as "Two eyes are better than two heels," "He's handing in his union card," and his all-time favorite word is: "Respect!" [I have to say... I suddenly felt like bursting into song just then. hahaha.] This is a really good issue. They all are, of course. I'm going to have to use some of his methods to get your horse to stand for the farrier. Last time, Doug got rather angry with my baby, I'm told. And I'm going to have to go through and read the large article about his apprentices working with wild mustangs. [Mentally said with a western drawl on the wild. lol.]
Well... guess what I did with my day? I hauled trees! Hooray! To get all of our fallen-tree crap and my grandma's, we took three trailer loads to the dump. And my work gloves have gone missing, so I used an old pair of biking gloves I had. Great cushioning for my palms... not so great for my fingers out in the cold air.
Oops. Just remembered, I forgot to coil up the hose after I watered the horses this afternoon. Oh well.
ANYWAYS... my back is now officially killing me, because I took a make up lesson AFTER hauling all that wood [which involves stacking it in the yard as my dad cuts it with the chainsaw, then stacking it onto the trailer, then unloading it, and starting all over again], graining, haying [which involves tossing around some square hay bales], and watering [lugging a hose everywhere that leaks no matter how many times you kink the hose] all 25 horses. Then I offered to beat the crap out of Teddy... not literally, of course. Kim thought he would be phsyco since he'd been off for a bit... So I rode him down in the dressage with Kimberly and Chevy... And he was perfect. Even went on the bit for me... 'Cept for his spooking in the scary corner of the dressage, tossing his head and crow-hopping at the transitions into the canter, and dropping his shoulder and diving into the turns towards home at the canter. Other than that, perfect! lol. Oh, and Dakota was fine too. Except on the gymnastics line going towards home, he got fast, and after the line he tried to lock his neck up so we almost collided with the judges box, then almost ran up the steep hill, and I had a MAJOR flashback to the fence-jumping episode until I had successfully turned him away from the hill [during which we almost wiped out... nerd-butt horse tried to go all barrel-horse on me.] and stopped rather eventfully in the middle of the lesson girls. But, he hadn't been jumped since getting over the splint.
USELESS FACTS TIME!!! [w00t]
*In the Mel Brooks comedy Silent Movie, world-famous mime Marcel Marceau has the only speaking role.
*Belle, from Disney's animated film Beauty and the Beast, can be glimpsed in a crowd scene in another Disney animated feature, The Hunchback of Notre Dame.
* The tombstone of Mel Blanc, the famed voice of cartoon characters Bugs Bunny, Sylvester the Cat, Tweety Bird, and Porky Pig reads: "That's all folks."
*On average, in any given hour there are 61,000 people airborne over the US.
Random moment: I love Snickers candy bars. They are so good. = ) I just ate 3 mini ones.
'Til my next post, God Bless!
Tina
Redneck Word of the Day
seizure, n. and adj. to match another's bet when gaming or gambling. "I believe you're bluffin', so I seizure nickel and raise you ten grand."

2 pretty notes:

Megan Renee said...

Haha! I like the 12 days of redneck Christmas and the redneck word of the day! hehe!

I like random useless facts..BNever know when you are going to use it!;) ha!

The magaqzine sounds good! I like to read several different horse magazines.Never heard of the one you are talking about though.I will have to look it up.Hope you are havign a great day!Love ya girl!

Tina said...

I get it as a part of my No Worries Club membership. I might be able to get you the online version, though. = )