CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 3, 2007

Learning to Say "No!"

Okay, so maybe I'm not quite there yet. And I don't need to be able to shout it, but maybe be able to say, "I'm sorry, I can't." This morning at 8:00 sharp, in TWENTY SEVEN DEGREE WEATHER, I was out feeding. The whole barn. Of 25 horses. Yeah. If that isn't bad enough, then I had to take their blankets off and turn them out. And drag a half-broken down wheelbarrow with one flat tire full of hay up a steep gravel hill because all of the horses' grass has died. That hay gets heavy. And I had to break through all the ice in the water troughs. FUN! Although, I did take some of the sheets of ice out and had fun throwing them around and watching them shatter. I can be easily amused sometimes. But yes... The reason for the title of this post. Kim [my riding instructor - geeze, I know too many Kims!!] called me late last night and said her grandma had a stroke and heart attack and she was in the hospital waiting for her grandma to pass away, and the regular morning feeder was doing something and couldn't feed.... And could I please do it? I felt bad, and I can't say no in the first place, so I said, "Sure, Kim!" And boy, did I regret that. = / But at least Kim didn't have to come home from the hospital. -sigh- As I was trudging up the gravel hill my only consolation was that I was being nice. Not a very good consolation when your limbs are ALL freezing off. But at least it was something.... I guess....

This semester's riding classes are OVER! Three students showed up tonight[= ( Just $15] It was dang COLD out there. I had two pairs of breeches under my jeans, four pairs of socks [one pair was thick and fuzzy], a cami, long-sleeved shirt, short-sleeved shirt, sweatshirt, lightweight fuzzy jacket, and a medium weight SKI jacket. I also had my winter riding gloves, a fuzzy headband over my baseball cap, and a rainbow striped fuzzy scarf! I had to ride my baby bareback while I was teaching to stay warm. And ALL my students [heh. all three.] were late. I was about to drive off when the first one showed up. Only Jimmy, my favorite student, made it better. He always calls me ma'am. ^^ Very respectful. As opposed to one of my other students, Jason, who always called me kiddo. I was about ready to throw a piece of gravel at his horse when he wasn't looking to make it bolt. hahaha. I wouldn't actually do it, but I thought about it a lot. Serves him right for trying to teach MY class. The reason I was the teacher and he was the student was because I know more than he does. I could ride circles round the guy if I wanted to. I know more about riding and horses than he ever will. He needs to get over the fact that just because he's older, doesn't mean he can disrespect me. [Sorry, ranting. ^^]
And.....

I THINK I CAN GO TO FAN NITE!!!! YAAAAAAAAAY! -bounces- This is SO exciting! I'm going to have to find something RED to wear! Thats the color for Shawn's fans to wear, I do believe. heehee. My grandma said she could get away from my great grandma for a few days, and we just have to call the Colonnade to see if we can cash in our two free nights. THIS IS SO EXCITING! ICANGOICANGOICANGO!!! If the Colonnade doesn't have room for us, I'm going to be one very angry Haygood fan. >.< -dances- Wow... I won't be able to concentrate on my school work tomorrow until my mom calls!!!! Eeeeeeeeeee! -fangirl moment- YAYAYAYAYAY!!!

1 pretty notes:

annette07 said...

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger-right?! Sometimes we just want to yell-'shut up I am already strong enough.' haha
You are amazing and very observant in your life's lessons already.
Thanks for sharing and can't wait for FAN NITE!!! either to meet you and the others.
YEEEEE HAAAAAW