CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, December 7, 2007

Anticipation Overload!

Hahaha... last Sunday, Pastor Norman was talking about how there was so much more anticipation nowadays for Christmas. He said his family would go out and cut down a tree to decorate three or four days before Christmas, and the presents would be put under it two days before or on Christmas Eve... sometimes even after the kids had gone to bed! ....and he said back then he'd almost died with anticipation! hahhaa.
Now.... of course.... we put our tree up as close to Thanksgiving as we can get it [it was already up and decorated when family came over for Thanksgiving dinner!] and presents go under it as soon as more than three-four are wrapped. Aaaand... I put the garland & red ribbons on the stair rail, and a wreath is hanging from the small little "balcony" space [not sure quite what to call it... lol.] at the top of the stairs overlooking the hallway. Oh, and pretty stockings are hung from the garland at regular intervals. I have a small tinsel-tree hung with miniature "Trail of Painted Ponies" ornaments sitting on top of my stereo... And santas, angels, and other Christmas things are EVERYWHERE! Most of this went up for Thanksgiving. Now there's more, of course, to replace the few "Thanksgiving" things we had out.... lol. We are a very big Christmas family, if you can't tell.
We started playing Christmas music the day after Halloween. Yeah. [Actually, the day BEFORE Halloween, we bought a 3-disc Christmas music set. ^^ Then waited a day to start playing it.]
And MORE anticipation because of HAYGOODS FAN NITE!!! YEEEEEE HAAAWWWWWW! [In my mind, I say that with a VERY southern accent... Like something from the Sweet Home Alabama movie. ^^ Dunno why.] We just got tickets to the 8pm show... Second row, seats 5, 6, and 7 from the aisle. Now my mom is starting to get excited! And... the tickets are part of my Christmas, but I don't care. I was fully prepaired to pay for ALL the tickets, if that's what it took. Haha, I love having a bit of money to spend. I almost had to pay for my way into a hotel, before my dad used his travel points to get us into the Hilton. My grandma's excited about that one! lol. My dad and grandma aren't the closest... Kind of a "no one is REALLY good enough for my daughter" attitude on my grandma's part, but oh well. He is now one notch higher on her list. Hahahahaha...
And I LOVED Tomiah's video. HILARIOUS! Especially Dom talking about Shawn. hahaha. Shame on you, Tomiah! You said you wouldn't put it on the message board! But I guess you didn't say you wouldn't put it on youtube... And technically... you put youtube on the MB? lol. It could work! -.^
-GASP!- My post has just gone out of order. Usually my Haygood paragraph is my last one. But I must talk about this dreadful weather. My dad was like, "This is what happens in WINTER. It gets COLD." And I said I know... but its gray outside, with freezing drizzle and fog, and I had to go to the barn this morning at 8 to take my horse's blanket off... And he's probably going to come in dirty as crap from rolling in the wet sand.... Fun! Thats why I LOVE winter, you can't hose your horse down when he's dirty. YAY! -coughcough- Sorry. A bit of bitterness seeping through there. My horse loves to roll. Actually, I'll put a picture of him rolling up in the corner this time. = ) See how cute he is. That makes up for a bit of the dirt, I guess. And I finally got around to measuring how wide his window is [exactly four feet] so my dad can get some metal cut and put it over the wood, so Dakota can stop his infernal cribbing!!!!! That horse is going to make himself colic before that happens, though. Actually, probably not... But his neck is losing some of that suppleness, slowly but surely. More lateral flexion for us! [Yay Clinton! haha]
Well... until next post, God Bless!
Tina

3 pretty notes:

orbitgirlxoxo said...

Yeah, I love Christmas, I can't believe you listen to music that early! My om has a strict rule about no Christmas music until after Thanksgiving. I don't blame her, though. So many people in our country don't know have to be thankful anymore. They just see that day as a day off of school or work, it's so sad.

And I am totally bummed abou tnot being able to go to fan night! I wanted to meet everyone! Augh! It is so irritating! But maybe next year.

By the way, I love the pictures of the animals you put up, that is great!

Tina said...

Thanks!
The dog and the two of the grey horse are both mine.
The paint and the group picture are horses at my barn. = )

Oh, I love Christmas. Not because I get a day off, because I'm behind in my schoolwork and WILL be working on Christmas. All through that break, actually. heh. People just seem nicer [though, not so much lately] and its such a cozy, family & friend time! Winter break is just a bonus. -.^ Even though I'm giving mine up.

Anonymous said...

i love christmas too, but its 12/19/07 and we stilllllll haven't gotten our presents bought yet, but im going to go shopping friday so :D... nice dakota, now your Splash's color lol.