CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, December 14, 2007

No Internet... Hmph.

I haven’t been around lately – on the internet or anywhere else. I live smack-dab in the middle of all these ice-fests and power-outages. Okay, not right in the middle, but pretty darned close. Our power never went out – praise the Lord – but three houses down the no-power fun starts, and goes all the way through the rest of the neighborhood. Everyone behind us has no power either. We just have a ten-home street of power. Fun, huh? And my dad’s office never lost power. Another praise the Lord. What I did lose was cell phone reception and my wireless internet. My phone came back up yesterday. I still don’t have internet. How can that be, you say? Hahaha… I’m at my dad’s office, with my computer hooked up to a connection cable! Yay! I never knew how dependant I was on internet. Wow. I was SO bored. Four movies [two of which were for my Alejandro Murrieta[Zorro] character sketch, the Zorro, – I finally found the Mask of Zorro, BTW! Hooray! – I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry, Evan Almighty, and a bookshelf of books I’ve already read don’t go a long way towards entertainment. Was that a run-on sentence or not? I think so. lol. BUT… yesterday…. Wait, no. The day BEFORE yesterday I finally got out. My mom and I went to Ulta and Barnes & Noble. At Barnes & Noble I got THE MOST awesome book. [I just love Barnes & Noble. Amazing store, really. I also love how it smells. Coffee and books. ^^ I’m a nerd, I know. My mom, a few select friends of mine, and I could stay in that store all day and be happy. I’d just have one of the coffee shop’s delicious scones. Man, those things are good. Haha. ANYWAYS….] The book was “So, Now You Know… A Compendium of Completely Useless Information.” Its great. Did you know, there are more plastic flamingos than real ones in the US? The royalties for the song “Happy Birthday to You” bring in roughly 2 million a year. The phrase, “Wear your heart on your sleeve,” came from Victorian-era Valentine’s Day parties where the young gentleman would pull a ladies’ name out of a hat and pin the piece of paper to his sleeve. Interesting, huh? Aren’t you glad you know that? Hahaha. THEN, at Ulta [two days ago and yesterday] we got some Christmas gifts [among those a few for me -.^] and essentials… Toothpaste, make-up removal pads, a new hairbrush… Mine keep disappearing. I also tried the Bare Essentials/Minerals [whatever the stuff is called] make-up… And it is amazing! We got the starter kit yesterday. Also got some really got some really nice eye shadow & eye shadow brushes. AMAZING sales at Ulta, ladies… If you have one near you! I had one of the girls working there show me how to actually put eye shadow on, where it looks really nice. lol. I’m just a late-bloomer when it comes to make-up I guess. I’ve never really had a use for it until just a few months ago, lol. Usually I’m at the barn. Or at home. And going to a private Christian school… you just end up slapping on the essential make up and leave it at that. The least amount of effort is used. At least on my part… and the girls I hung out with. Enough with that stuff. lol. I can only take so much of it. I took a make up lesson on Dakota last night, since we’ve missed several. He was perfect! We’ve never really gone over shoulder –ins and –outs, so we did some of those. He was perfect. Also, Kim [my instructor ^^] was telling us the cues for turning on the forehand and turning on the haunches… Kota did both of them… perfectly. I didn’t expect him to do anything, either. I was just trying out the cues. lol. I love my horse. We didn’t do any jumping, though, since he hasn’t really gotten back in shape from popping his splint. And with the weather, I haven’t been riding much at all. = \ I can’t wait until the indoor arena is built. Can’t wait can’t wait can’t wait. If you’re waiting for another one of my freak outs… It’ll happen the day the indoor comes up. Hahaha. And the day I leave to head out to Branson the second time Christmas week. Because you know what that means… FAN NITE! YAAAAY! Haha.
Until next post, God Bless Tina Redneck Word of the Day
Retard: n. to stop working. “My brother retard at 75.”
P.S. Those shoes are the heels I was so excited about in an earlier post! hahaha.

1 pretty notes:

Kim said...

Hey Tina! So first off, I'm the first comment for this post! Woohoo! Okay and I just want to say I love how you post pictures with all of your posts. And I'm glad you could finally get on the internet! I hope it starts working for you again soon! Oh and those were some interesting facts from the book you got...you should post some more! And I know what you mean about Barnes and Noble. So I think that's it. Hope you're having a great day!
-Kim