CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, December 16, 2007

I deeply despise the Tower of Babel...

At least right now. My life would be SO much easier if everyone spoke the same language. Spanish II, without a teacher right in front of you, is dang hard to learn. Especially when they give me a paragraph... in SPANISH... and expect me to learn what it means... without translating it for me. And yes, I do know there are such things as dictionaries, but the forms of the words change so much its ridiculous. So... I'm ranting. I suppose I could get a tutor [anyone know Spanish? haha] but I don't think my dad would go for that. "You're smarter than that." I KNOW he would say that. "You just need to concentrate more." I love my dad... But sometimes... Argh. I wish I had learned Spanish in grade school. Not the stuff that Mrs. Pfiefer [sp? Not a clue how to spell it... its been so long!] kept teaching us... every year... Colors... months... days... After three years... we get it already! I mean... I really want to be fluent in Spanish.. but it isn't helpful when all your teacher says is, "Go over vocab every day and get a tutor," when I tell her there is a GINORMOUS gap between what I learned at Metro and what I'm supposed to be doing this year in Spanish... But to be fair... she has hundreds of students all over the country [or world? I think world would be a better word here.] all needing help, and grading for their papers. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!! Rant over. Okay... so I must say... I have a new celebrity crush. Anyone watch BBC's Robin Hood TV show? If you don't... shame on you! In the UK, the last episode of season two is about to come out. It is AMAZING!!! So, I love JONAS ARMSTRONG!!! He's Robin Hood. But... one of his gang has now come to my attention. ^^ His name is HARRY LLOYD, and he plays Will Scarlett, the youngest of Robin's gang. [NOT Merry Men. They're the gang now. Much more hardcore. -.^ And it isn't Maid Marian, just Marian.] He is so cute and kind of shy in all the interviews I've seen. haha. And I think he has made guest appearances in the Dr. Who show... So, if you don't have BBC1, or BBC America... you need to watch all of season 1 and 2 on youtube! Its amazing!!! Sadly, the second season won't air in the US until... March? Or April... Soooo.... I'm keeping up with it via youtube. Just search for BBC Robin Hood. Or, try the user RHabroad. She has all the season 2 episodes and a link to her other account which holds all the season 1 episodes. So, if you get bored, watch it. My dad calls it my medieval soap opera, but its not... I promise! [Oh, and the picture this time is one I found on google... Its Mr. Jonas Armstrong dressed as Robin! And I had to make the pic bigger so we could see his handsome face. ^^ Oh, and look for some Harry Lloyd second season pictures on google or wherever, too!] I feel like another round of celebrity "crushes," I guess you could call it. Mainly, because I'm bored. ^^ DAVID KRUMHOLTZ!!! If you don't recognize the name right off... You guys have seen The Santa Claus with Tim Allen, right? Its BERNARD! Haha. The grumpy head elf. But David is a bit more grown up now, and is the mathematical genius in the NUMB3RS TV show on CBS. He plays Charlie... and I wish I loved math as much as Charlie. Go ahead and check out http://sdkg.net/. Go on. Its fun. I promise! hahaha. And not really a crush... but oh so lovely to listen to AND look at... JOSH TURNER!!! Any fan of country music should know who he is... He sings Long Black Train, Would You Go With Me [if we were the same age, and he wasn't married... then yes! hahaha. At one point I do believe I said that if we WERE the same age and he wasn't already married... I would have kidnapped him, married him myself, and made him sing to me all day long. ^^ Love that voice. But anyway, moving on.], and Firecracker. I also love his White Noise song... I believe its featuring John Anderson. His wife is really pretty too, lucky woman. And who else? Ahhh... yes... RUPERT GRINT! Not so much as the others above... But he's just so cute! And getting handsomer every day. Definitely a good job casting him as Ron. He does a fabulous job. Dan's definitely not hard on the eyes either, but he always looks extremely awkward when he's doing interviews and such. Anyone see his most recent interview with Jay Leno? Hahaha... That was great. And of course... I can't leave the subject without mentioning the one man who should be a world-wide celebrity [along with his brothers and sister, of course]... SHAWN PAUL HAYGOOD! Yaaaay! -cheers- Okay. Y'all know who he is... No need to explain his DANG!HOTT!ness. -.^
Weeeeellll.... I think its time for more extremely useless facts from my "So Now You Know... A Compendium of Completely Useless Information" by Harry Bright and Harlan Briscoe. Who names their poor child Harlan, anyway? *If the DNA in all your cells were laid out in a single strand, it would stretch from the earth to the moon more than 246,000 times! *At latitude 60 degrees south it is possible to sail clear around the world without touching land. *The English invented football - known in America as soccer - when they kicked around the heads of Danish invaders they had slaughtered. [Fun! lol. Sounds like a winner to me!] *Bulletproof vests, fire escapes, and windshield wipers were all invented by WOMEN! [Girlpower!!!] *In Shakespeare's time, mattresses were secured on bed frames by ropes. Pulling on the ropes tightened the mattress and made it firmer; hence the expression "Goodnight, sleep tight." *Cimes Lectularius, AKA the bed bug, is capable of consuming its body weight in blood in five minutes. [Aren't you glad you know that? hahaha.] Okay... it isn't THAT big of a book. I'll save some more for next time. = )
On to... CHRISTMAS PRESENTS UPDATE!!! That's right... I've gotten two already. Kate got me.... -drumroll- SOCKS! Heck yes. ^.- These awesome tall socks easily go up ABOVE my knees. I'm so going to wear them over my breeches and let them stick out of my boots and half-chaps. Won't THOSE command respect from my ORU students? haha. They're green with white and pink polka dots!!! Haha. She also got me a pair of "normal" socks that are black with rainbow colored hearts on them! [The tall socks she got Kimberly are rainbow... so she had to go ask a gay guy to make sure they weren't gay pride socks... lol. But these had TWO purple stripes. So there you go, Kimby!] Thank you, Kate! Kimberly got me... -drumroll- a BOOT BAG! With my name embroidered on it in hot pink! Yee haww! Its a niiiice boot back too. And all fuzzy and soft on the inside! I've already cleaned off my tall boots and stuck them inside. Now they're propped against my dresser in my room. Thank you, Kimby! I got Kimby and Kate each a framed picture of them with their loves... [Kimby with Chevy, Kate with Rocky - who had a rare happy face on!] And a Christmas tree ornament. Kimby a peacock with a looong tail [made out of a real feather!] that clips to the tree branch and bounces around. Kimby had to play with it a bit! haha. And Kate got a Christmas tree with bug eyes and a smile [with its tongue sticking out.] Those of you familiar with SDC at Christmas time... it looked like TINKER THE TALKING CHRISTMAS TREE!!! Hahaha. So now it has a name. Tinker
I think I've rambled on long enough... yes? Welllll then... Until my next post, God Bless!
Tina
Redneck Word of the Day
defender n. a metal guard positioned over the wheel of a motor vehicle. "The grille's okay, but defender is torn up real bad."

2 pretty notes:

Tomiah08 said...

wow now when you wear the socks you will match mike...haha...thats great...and his DANG!HOT!NESS definately needs no explantion...just look at the kid...well i commented it so i hope you are happy.

bye for now,
tomiah

Tina said...

Yes. I am happy now. = )
Thank you.