CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Haygoods 12.29.07 Review

The Haygoods were AWESOME, as always! And I know the picture is very distracting, so I won't hold it against you if you miss a bit of my review. lol. First, I'll talk about the regular show:
They were having technical difficulties, but they were well worth the wait! They came out strong with Callin' Baton Rouge, and since all the message boarders and fan club members were there, they fed off of our energy, and we fed off of theirs! An endless, very exciting cycle. At one point during the introductions, Dominic laughed and said, "This is going to be a fun night!" Mainly because the crowd wouldn't stop screaming. I got lots of good pictures, as you can tell. I'll put up some links to all my pictures that I put up on facebook. Dom's "Feeling Good" was fantastic, and he really seemed like he was having fun up there. I know I was! "Jump Jive n' Wail" was just as good. Patrick did a great job, as usual. So did the rest of the guys in that number! Catherine's "Walking on Sunshine" was perfect. She is amazing! So talented, and pretty. She is one lucky, lucky girl! "My Girl" was extra special for me, because Dominic got my grandma up there! When he was looking over at me, I shouted, "SHE LOVES YOU!!!" It didn't matter that I'd been trying to get my mom up there, because he heard me and saw me pointing in the general direction of my grandma. And I didn't mind that he stood right in front of my chair for about 30 seconds, talking into the mic, and getting my grandma up from her seat. I didn't try to move out of his way TOO hard... I had a great view and our legs touched for as long as he stood there. hahaha. I couldn't keep my fan girl urges under control, so I acted like that was as far away as I could move. ^^ My grandma told him that we'd take him home if he'd come with us! All I could say is... we had room for TWO Haygoods on the ride back home. -.^
The Blues Brothers routine was especially energetic! Shawn and Dominic were tumbling a ton and having a great time. Dom's pants "fell down" right before he exited the stage, but I knew it was coming and got a good picture of his green spotted boxers. hahaha. Well, he asked for it. The tap routine was phenomenal! I wouldn't expect anything less. They put all they had into the "Haygood Weight Loss Program," although none of them need it. -.^ Dom and Mike shared the top of the scaffolding... I'm pretty sure thats what its called. And while they were setting up for one of the tap sections, Shawn looked right at my camera and I got a perfect shot! Ashokan Farewell and Eleanor Rigby were absolutely the best. While Tim was going through his "How I Got into Music" speech, he said something about being the oldest and never having girls scream for him any more. Needless to say, the place erupted in screams. He laughed, and said something along the lines of, "Thank you ladies. Those were pity screams, but I'll take them." Then he lost his train of thought and said, "Anyone know what comes next?" but when some of the MB/Fan Club girls in front of him started his speech where he left off, you could tell he hadn't actually thought people would know his speech! "You know it better than I do!" he said. So, during the meet & greet, I told Tim I screamed for him. = ) I always do. I love Mr. Tim! He's amazing.
The Christmas section of the show was great! [I'm running out of adjectives here! haha.] I got plenty of pictures of Shawn and Matt and Dom. They were always right in front of me! haha. Jingle Bells was energetic. Winter Wonderland was fantastic! Althought at one point Shawn dropped the football, poor guy. He was able to laugh it off with the audience, though. And Silver Bells was phenomenal. = ) I got tons of pictures of that. Aaron's "Here Comes Santa Claus" was really good, and Dominic's "Mary Did You Know" was as superb as ever! I get chills just listening to my CDs and DVDs... Its nothing compared to watching it live! At least all of the people in the first three rows gave him a standing ovation. I'm sure there were tons more, but I didn't really look around any more than I had to. I was concentrating on pictures. -.^
Fan Nite was AWESOME!!! You could really tell the guys were having so much fun! They were in their element, and that made it so much more exciting for everyone! It was another cycle of fan/artist feeding off of each other's energy. Catherine was in the orchestra, and looked like she was really enjoying herself. Not long into it, lots of us ran right up next to the stage. I got some really good, close pictures from that! Pat's song that he wrote was a definite tear jerker! I think it got to everyone. It was so sweet... He said he got the inspiration from a St. Jude's Children's Hospital commercial. It was about a dad's feelings for his sick daughter... I wish I could remember more words than, "Hush baby don't you cry, Daddy's written you a lullabye." And the song that Shawn wrote was superb. I loved it. Halfway through the nine songs they sang, Shawn's shirt suddenly became unbuttoned! A lot more camera flashes were going his way after that! It was a good thing I'd kept my camera trained on him practically the whole time. -.^ Michael's song evoked lots of fangirl cheering. It was supposedly a great love song, but had lots of "goodbye's" in it. Hmmm. Well, all the ladies loved it. Myself included. Then when Aaron came out, Dominic said, "About two weeks ago we realized we hadn't written Aaron a song." hahaha. They ended off with "Higher," and it was PERFECT! The energy was amazing, and I am STILL wound up from it! Only downside was that Shawn's shirt had mysteriously become buttoned again. haha.
The place was absolutely packed for fan nite. It took awhile for everyone to find seats. Thank you, Tim for letting us keep our seats! Otherwise, I don't know what we would have done!!! There were at least two handheld cameras going around the crowd while we were all up at the front next to the stage, so I'm pretty sure I have a good chance of being on TV. The cameras were up in all of our faces. So were Dom and Shawn. I think I accidentally stabbed Shawn with a fingernail. IT WAS AN ACCIDENT SHAWN, I'M SORRY! lol. My hand was already up there, and he suddenly brought his a lot closer to mine. And EVERY time Shawn went into the crowd to give hugs, I was ALWAYS at least two people away from him! So, I'm excited for the girls that got hugged. Not so excited for myself. lol. At least I got a picture with him afterwards. At the very end, Dominic leaned down to give Annette a hug and almost fell into the crowd. For a second I thought he would.
The meet and greet was great too! Everyone was out there [though we had to wait and search for Dom] and I got Shawny P. to sign my camera and one of the pictures of him that they sell... Only my mom got it for FREE! Thank you, Daddy Haygood. = )
It took me until 3:00 to get wound down enough to actually get in bed last night.... Or this morning. And I'm STILL wound up! I feel like I've had a venti-sized frappuchino, but I haven't had ANY coffee today... at all. The only caffeine was two or three sips of my mom's tea. Haha. I can't believe we have to wait so long to see them again!!! I can't wait to see my first live summer show. And they said it would be different, to please their core fan base. Can I get a YEEEEEEEEE HHAAAAAWWWWWW!!!!!!!
Links to all the pictures:
And I didn't want to create a whole album just for the 5 meet-and-greet pics, so the ones from fan nite are at the end of this album: http://hs.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2002495&l=3b63b&id=1447920356
My Grandma Onstage with Dom:
Until Next Post, God Bless!!!!
A very wound up Tina

5 pretty notes:

Brittany said...

Ha, I commented! I wish I was there with you guys.:( Sounds like you hadan awesome time! I love the pics!:)

Tina said...

I wish you could have been there too. It would have been fun to meet you!
Thanks. I worked hard for those pictures. Such energetic boys are hard to photograph. lol. = P

Tina

whisper said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
whisper said...

Sorrry I hat fix it haha. I call him Daddy Haygood too, and I call their mom Mama Haygood. I can't help it. Is that scary lol? I felt the same as you did it was sooo wonderful! I felt so light and happy that night. It felt good to sleep with a smile on my face... Im gald you got to feel the same way... :)

Tiff

Megan Renee said...

Hey!Fan night was amazing! Wish I could of been there for the regular show...The sunday night one was incredible!!!