CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Jazzy

So... I've always liked jazz to some degree. But lately it seems like I've just discovered it! Hahaha, I know I'm a nerd, but I just discovered Dizzy Gillespie through an english assignment. The man was amazing. I think my favorite piece of his is "Manteca." But I do like "Salt Peanuts" as well. I was disappointed when Manteca wasn't on the projectplaylist.com website! But they did have another song I liked on there, and I think its at the bottom of my list now... I didn't have time to move it up.
Hahahaha. Also... My dad and I watched The Thomas Crown Affair. = P It was all jazz music. I was like... well, this is a good movie, but the music is what's keeping me sitting here. Yupp. And as I'm sitting here, Manteca is playing on my itunes library. I downloaded it off of a Dizzy Gillespie myspace page. Hahaha. I find it funny that a dead guy has a myspace page. = P I know it was created by someone else, but still. It just makes me laugh.
I should probably be getting ready for church right now. But it only takes me 10 minutes to put my makeup on, and about another 2 to get my nice church clothes on... As opposed to the bright green sweatpants I have on right now. hahaha. I think I'm going to wear a turtleneck. It is DANG! COLD! outside!!! Yesterday I couldn't have my first ORU lessons because it was so cold and the ground was frozen. Yes, I know that if people in some states didn't ride when the ground was frozen they couldn't ride at all... Hahaha, one of my mom's friends teased me about that. But our horses aren't used to it. So I put on my dad's huge down coat that goes halfway to my knees and stayed out with my horse for about an hour because I felt guilty for leaving him out there. I dumped the ice out of his buckets and kept heating up water to pour in them, in the hopes that the water wouldn't ice over again so fast. Probably no such luck, but I tried.
So... This post kinda stopped abruptly. But oh well. = P Until next post, God bless!
Tina

2 pretty notes:

annette07 said...

Tina,

I was raised on many types of music. Coming from Iowa, especially the Quad Cities, we have Bix Biederbeck Jazz Festival every year. You should come here and listen sometime. I can't really pick a classic Jazz I like over the others. But, there is this newer group, Jam Doctors, that do a fairly decent job on Jazz and such. ;) I think they will be my favorite NEW stylings. I know the procrastination theory. I am up an hour and a half before I go to work and it takes me 15 minutes to get completely ready. I like the little relaxing time before I just into my day.
Oh, and I hope you are finally feeling better. It is bad to be sick anytime but Winter just makes it seem worse.

Tina said...

Annette,
I've been listening to the Jam Doctors as well recently. = P I downloaded all of their songs from myspace! My favorite is Takin' it to the Streets at the moment, but I like Sir Duke as well... I know thats your favorite song of theirs.
And yes.. I am feeling better. Thank you. ^^
Tina