CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Music & Respect

[Photo caption: Jamie, CLINTON ANDERSON, Kimberly, Kate, Me!] Haha, I definately did get a picture where I'm right next to Clinton. I had to cut everyone else out, but it LOOKED like an individual picture! haha. Man... even his sweat smells good. He'd gotten really tossed around that day.... literally! Heehee. He is my HERO! ANYWAYS.... I did have a "theme," if you could call it that, for this blog. I have to, otherwise I ramble on about everything in the world. hahaha. Speaking of which... I would first like to touch on MUSIC! You know how certain people have memories triggered by smells or sounds? I usually get memories triggered by songs the most. Like, now on my music player the second song is "Mambo No. 5." When I was still figure skating, during the free skate sessions, they would play that song a lot. [Along with boy bands and Brittney Spears.] And every time this song came on, my favorite skate coach Miss Sue [she was married, but all the coaches were "Miss First Name."] would suddenly do this AMAZING routine. Aparently she'd used it for something before, because it was always the same every time.... But I still never got tired of watching her. She was amazing. = D If you haven't noticed by reading this blog, I'm a big watcher. haha. I'm more likely to be a wallflower than the life of the party... unless I'm with my SHRA girls. heehee. But that's different. I never quite got past the 'wallflower stage' at the ice rink. Even though I was there for 2 1/2 years. But now, every time I hear that song, I think of ice and Miss Sue. And then there will be songs that trigger random memories. A certain song will remind me of a certain day some friends came over to swim... or of sitting at my grandma's computer after a hard day working summer camp. Things like that. Nothing brings back memories for me like songs. "Ladies Love Country Boys" reminds me of trying to dance in my saddle.... hahaha. And all the SHRA girls. Unfortunately, it also reminds me of Dylan sometimes, but not often.
-.^ [A whole other loooong story you really DON'T want me to get off on. lol.]

And... RESPECT! It might be part of the only child syndrome, or having older parents, or growing up in a stable environment... I don't know. But lately there's been an influx of kids to my youth group. I don't want to sound... snobbish... but these are some kids that have come from a kind of bad neighborhood, and such. They're great people, and all really friendly... But it's like they have ZERO self control! During worship for our Wednesday night youth services... I can hear them laughing and talking OVER the singer. When I'm standing right next to the speakers. And our youth pastor keeps getting onto them, and separating them... but it seems like nothing is working. Pastor Matt even went off on a tangent about respect, and was having difficulty keeping them quiet! Once I warm up to a person, I could probably talk all day. But when I'm supposed to be quiet... I shut up. = /
I just don't see how that is so hard to do. Its really hard to concentrate on the worship, and on God when people are laughing and talking all around you.
-sigh-

Well... that's it for me for now. [Oh, and we have an expected SIX TO EIGHT inches of SNOW coming as well...] So until next post, God Bless!
Tina

2 pretty notes:

annette07 said...

I am so happy for you that you got your picture. It looks really nice.
I understand about the music bringing memories. I can do the same thing. Even when I click on your songs it reminds me of another singer or time. Wallflowers are cool people. One of these days we will drag you with us to be more outgoing to others. haha
Some people regardless of their upbringing never show respect. It is sad because they will not have respect shown to them. Enjoy the snow and go skiing if you know how.

Tina said...

Heehee.
I'd love to go skiing... but no hills. = P They're also thinking it will melt in one day. haha.
I have no doubt that y'all will drag me to the center of something, one of these days.