CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Special Life

So... this morning I ate the last of BOTH kinds of my cereal. I had to combine the rest of my Special K Red Berries with the rest of my Life to get a whole bowl. Hence the name to this blog post. Special K + Life = Special Life! I wish math was really that simple. Do you know how much I would pay to have a TI-87 Plus calculator installed in my brain? A lot. Yupp! EVEN all the money stashed under my bed. I know! That a lot. lol. Anyways... I got off track... and so far, I haven't even picked one yet!!!
Well, I promised you a story about this last Sunday, so I guess I'll have to share. But, you need some backstory first:
When I was four, at church I had to start going to Children's Church. For the sake of time and space, I'll just say CC. Now, the children's pastor was really, REALLY outgoing. And at the time I was so shy, I could barely look him in the eye, much less talk to him. His name was Tim Reside, but we all called him Coach Tim. Coach Tim was really rowdy and rambunctous, which was fine... but I was scared to death of the man! At least at first. As the years went on, I learned to come out of my shell a bit and love him as much as everyone else did. But that took awhile. A long while. Then, right when I went from CC to youth, he left CC to pastor a small church a few miles away. We all sorely missed him!
Fast forward again. He'll occaisonally come to our church, now a bit more frequently. His wife, Nancy, recognized me a few times. I mean, after all... the last time they'd seen me was when I was in grade school. So, I didn't blame them. Since I'd last had a conversation with them, my hair was about 5 inches shorter, I had just started wearing glasses, and I was waaaaay shorter! So I hugged them both from time to time, said hi and whatnot.
Last fast forward. Now to my story. I saw Coach Tim & Nancy floating around the church a bit, but didn't quite get over there to say hi... I had been hungry, and were pushing my parents out the door. = P Then we went to Olive Garden for lunch, and as we were sitting there and waiting, we saw Nancy walk in with one of her cute little grandsons in her arms. We stood up to talk to her, then Coach Tim walked in and we started talking. My mom brought up me being scared of him when I was little, and he goes, "Well, I've never heard THAT from a parent before!" Hahaha. Sarcasm from him is great! Then he turns to me and hugs me and says, "Thanks for giving me a chance." He takes both my hands then, and stares at my eyes. I was wearing my fun heels that day, so I was surprised at how short he seemed. I'm used to an eight year old's perspective of him. Then he said I had pretty eyes, and that I had grown into a remarkable young lady. It made me all warm and fuzzy inside. = P I love Coach Tim. Thats what he'll always be to me, too. Coach Tim. -nodnod-
Well... until next post. God Bless!
Tina

1 pretty notes:

annette07 said...

Tina,

We had Mr. Mike for CC which went up to Junior High school before you could go to the Adult services. He was the Pastor Foster's son and we loved them both. Mike made everything fun and you learned so much. We quit that church after his family moved away. A few years ago they came back to town for a visit and Pastor Foster gave a sermon as a visiting minister. I remembered why I loved to hear him speak. He showed pictures of Mike and his new family and the rest of the kids. It is always a blessing when you can find someone that you trust and can give you God's lessons so that you never forget.
Thanks for sharing. This reminded me of them all again.